The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

My 1999 Eclipse GST Bone stock

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Got the head off my new GST the other day, valves are bent sadly. Owner must've been driving when the tbelt snapped. Ill be looking for a complete good used head if someone has one for sale! Need new timing components as well, belts and pulleys. And need a new Drivers seat as the one that was in the car was totally destroyed.

EclipseNohead.jpg

Got everything nice and ready for new parts. Got timing components and gaskets and such all on the way and should be in next week! Need to install rockers, lifters and cams in the new head and then we are good to go! Cant wait to listen to this thing run and move it under its own power!

Eclipseshinynohead (2).jpg

Last edited:
Got all the new parts for timing and gaskets and so fourth. Got the beautiful new head on and assembled. Almost done putting everything back and going to be doing a first start tmrw hopefully! I have a broken off exhaust bolt from the manifold to the hot side of the turbo housing. It sucks. But hey otherwise it’s all going smooth! I plan on trying at it tmrw to try and get it 100%. But I haven’t even heard her run yet! So I’m excited for that.

F585A599-8FA1-4C99-8975-C8ACD76174AD.jpeg

CE45C8BE-2455-446E-A739-B620FB4F1A0E.jpeg

75336604-88A3-4CF6-9C20-404A481A8BAA.jpeg

Good job man! Keeping them alive!
Thanks a ton man!! Happy to be a part of the DSM community. I've been in and out of these cars for quite some time and always seem to gravitate back to them. Trying to chase down this weird oil leak I've been having right below the thermostat housing area.. At least i think its oil.

Do you have a pic of where the oil is collecting at? Maybe its the little half moon seal on the valve cover on the the passanger side. I had one that leaked from getting the wrong size in my VC gasket kit one time.

Do you have a pic of where the oil is collecting at? Maybe its the little half moon seal on the valve cover on the the passanger side. I had one that leaked from getting the wrong size in my VC gasket kit one time.
It looks like its coming from right under the housing for the thermostat but I’ll try and get a good picture. I can’t pinpoint where it’s at but I think it’s coolant because it only leaks when put under boost pressure. Once you hear it build a little bit you can hear a gurgling sounds and it starts dripping just can’t pinpoint the location. I wanna say it almost looks like oil but the coolant systems needs a good clean too so idk.

Did you replace the gasket on the Fast idle air valve connected to the bottom of the throttle body? If there is a leak there boost can make it into the coolant and wreak havoc on your rad lines and contaminate the system with air. I did experience this one about two years ago. Any aged cooling hoses would bust open out of nowhere. Check the two coolant hoses coming off of the the throttle body for leaks. It is also possible for the EGT sensor to leak coolant too if its really old or the thread sealer is worn away.

Shit, I’m pretty sure I replaced one of those hoses and was skeptical because of the new hose I put on didn’t have the flex that I needed. Willing to bet that it’s pinched not letting enough flow and causing the issues you mentioned. Here are the photos to the best of my ability.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back