The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

My 1992 tsi refurb

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SasaniFab

Proven Member
Dec 1, 2013
Mexico, Connecticut
I am currently restoring the back half of the car, this weekend I removed the rear subframe and im going to take everything down to bare metal and repaint everything, change the bushing. I bought the ingalls control arms and im going to be welding in the jays racing rear toe eliminator

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    314.3 KB · Views: 183
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 179
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    352.9 KB · Views: 176
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    225.2 KB · Views: 173
I cant believe I managed to remove all but two grade 4 bolts without breaking. I have a new hatred for cheap ass bolts. every bolt on this car will be grade 8

Getting work done..... Jays racing toe kit installed, all new balljoints and bushings. 3000gt vr4 big brake kit tbi

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    275.9 KB · Views: 177
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    313.2 KB · Views: 169
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    314.3 KB · Views: 170
I have NEVER spent more time installing one part in my life. removing the metal sleeve from the control arm took me 8 hrs total, thank god the other side came out in 20 minutes. I was ready to give up. I was gunna turn thas pos into a necklace but i threw it i to the woods instead

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 127
I tried everything, the metal sleeve was fused to the control arm......persistence pays off I guess. I was ready to just buy new rtm racing lcas but I didn't want to have to fab up a bracket for the control arm. I ended up taking my dremel and cutting slits into the sleeve every 4-5mm and heat the metal with map/02 and worked it out. The other side pressed right out.

the sleeve in the pic was the good girl, what I meant to say was that I didn't want to fab brackets for the sway bar.

Evo 8s with 225/45/17 continental contiprocontact ssr's for the gt vr4 brake upgrade. Got a deal on craigs list

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    326.6 KB · Views: 99
Rear subframe complete, oem bearing and seals, oem balljoints with ingalls upper and jays toe eliminator

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    341.4 KB · Views: 131
3000gt vr4 brake upgrade.....installed

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    317.1 KB · Views: 152
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    208.6 KB · Views: 146
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    317.1 KB · Views: 150
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    255.2 KB · Views: 163
looking good man. i know how you feel on the low grade bolts, but keep in mind, some of the bolts on the car are designed to be lower grade, so in case of say, a crash, they can sheer off or break as needed.

keep at it, i need to do a full rear subframe rehash myself.

Well to be honest, i didnt even think about that fact with the bolts however I replaced all the grade 4s with stainless steel with antisieze. I didnt realize at the time that stainless bolts are actually not very strong so i think im ok there. I believe stainless bolts have the same yield as grade 4. Everything else is 8.8 . The feeling of sheering off a bolt inside a thread is :f-u::banghead:. I was ready to bolt up the subframe but im gunna remove all the rust underneath and por15 everything. The way I look at it....... If you take pride in your work from the start, making shortcuts during your build will be harder for you to accept. Do it right the first time....

Are the 3kGT VR4 calipers 1st gen or 2nd gen? I'm asking to find out how the 2ng gen clrear the EVO VII wheels.

Did you use the usual adapter bracket ? They seem to fit less at an angle than what I am used to see from other builds.

Nice work by the way, keep it going!

I am using rtm brackets, powerstop 1g 3kgt calipers, with svt cobra rotors, powerstop carbon pads, rtm stainless lines

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back