The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Resolved Mustang TPS Voltage Troubleshooting

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SkyGrowsCold

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 10, 2003
Barnegat, New_Jersey
I'm having some trouble locating a problem I am having with my TPS. First off this is a 96-04 Mustang TPS on a 75mm BBK powerplus throttle body. When I check my TPSVolts in DSMLink V3 Lite I am showing .20 volts foot off the throttle and only 1.12 volts at WOT. These valuse remain the same when the test is done using the linkage on the throttle body (as to eleminate any pedal to throttle body issues). I set up a multimeter on to the TPS alone and got .94v closed and 3.4v all the way open. I then checked the spliced connection after the plug and recieved the same test results. From what my searchs have come up with is this is about typical for the Ford TPS and normally if I was getting these numbers shown through Link I would be able to compensate.

My question is why am I only seeing .20v closed and 1.12v WOT on DSMLink? Honestly wiring scares me I don't fully understand it. Finally other searchs have suggested finding out if there may be something else tapping into this 5v signal that could be drawing from it. How do I check this? I have only installed the AEM wideband in my car the boost gauge was installed by the previous owner.

Any ideas would be great as I'm trying to get the cars maintenance back to where it should be and this is a bit of a snag for me. Appreciate the help and if it deals with wiring please walk me through it like I was a five year old with ADD.

Thanks again,

Sam

I'm still trying to figure this one out. I have tried four differend TPS's, including stock, and all with the same results so for now I'm going to rule out my problem being a bad sensor. If I jump the 5v supply to the ground wire DSMLink shows the TPS volts jump to a full 5 volts. When sweeping the sensor the maximum voltage displayed is still only 1.12v. This is leading me to believe that I may have a short somewhere in the signal wire to the ECU. Does anyone have any thoughts or similar experiences that can help me trace down this possible short?

Fixed. It happened to be bad wiring now onto fixing my other problems.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back