The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

Spyder Mustang seats fit?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BIGGZNOW

Probationary Member
Apr 8, 2023
Seymour, Tennessee
My driver side seat just broke and won’t stay up, basically permanently all the way back and it seems impossible to find seats anywhere local to me, oem seats anyways, so I have a buddy with a S197 mustang and he has spare seats, figured I’d see if anyone would have tried them at some point. I’m guessing I’ll have to do some welding to make it work but still curious.

anything will work If you are a decent fabricator, however the 2g seat positioning is very awkward.

I put the 2g seat rails on a honda prelude seat and the seat positioning was much too high, and also sat a little crooked. once I saw that they sat a few inches higher i gave up.

the floor pan under the seat has 2 rails going inward. most people who have custom seats have to cut those rails off the floor and then fabricate new mounts.

so i would imagine you could make them fit but head room would be limited especially if they were power seats

anything will work If you are a decent fabricator, however the 2g seat positioning is very awkward.

I put the 2g seat rails on a honda prelude seat and the seat positioning was much too high, and also sat a little crooked. once I saw that they sat a few inches higher i gave up.

the floor pan under the seat has 2 rails going inward. most people who have custom seats have to cut those rails off the floor and then fabricate new mounts.

so i would imagine you could make them fit but head room would be limited especially if they were power seats
Any recommendations for seats then? Like specific car seats that swap into a 2g relatively easy as I’ve not tried doing the fabrication necessary before. Seems like buying, or even finding OEM seats is a pain though.

Any recommendations for seats then? Like specific car seats that swap into a 2g relatively easy as I’ve not tried doing the fabrication necessary before. Seems like buying, or even finding OEM seats is a pain though.
Know anyone that is driving through the Chicago area any time soon that might be able to haul for you on the return trip? I have 2g, grey cloth front seats in good condition(no rips or tears) that I really just want out of my garage and willing to giveaway.

Otherwise, Just about any seat is gonnna require a bracket and modification. not just because the bracket holes are gonna be different heights and positions but all need to be narrow enough to fit. Ive seen Neon SRT-4 seats swapped in. I believe they sit a little higher than stock, so if youre tall, might not be the best seat to use.and 2000+ Celica seats are suppose to be fairly close with the least amount of modification needed, if i remember correctly... There are threads here if you do a search that talks about the seats people have swapped in. I think people were using Planted brackets as the base

This thread has the SRT-4 seats, Celica at post #23 and apparently Avenger seats are a direct swap.

Last edited:

I believe the 4th gen eclipse seats (07-12) bolt directly in, but I can not confirm. I have seen them in second Gen's several times on marketplace

the celica seat swap is close to a bolt in, if you find a great leather set they look like s2000 seats

I believe the 4th gen eclipse seats (07-12) bolt directly in, but I can not confirm. I have seen them in second Gen's several times on marketplace

the celica seat swap is close to a bolt in, if you find a great leather set they look like s2000 seats
Celica seats aren't even close. The rails and mounting tabs are wider than 2g and the inner rear tab bolts sideways into the exhaust tunnel on a Celica. I ended up cutting all the tabs off of mine and welding new ones on for a proper seating position

4th Gen seats is interesting though. Too bad the bolsters all wear out so quickly

Celica seats aren't even close. The rails and mounting tabs are wider than 2g and the inner rear tab bolts sideways into the exhaust tunnel on a Celica. I ended up cutting all the tabs off of mine and welding new ones on for a proper seating position

4th Gen seats is interesting though. Too bad the bolsters all wear out so quickly
heres a better thread

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Know anyone that is driving through the Chicago area any time soon that might be able to haul for you on the return trip? I have 2g, grey cloth front seats in good condition(no rips or tears) that I really just want out of my garage and willing to giveaway.

Otherwise, Just about any seat is gonnna require a bracket and modification. not just because the bracket holes are gonna be different heights and positions but all need to be narrow enough to fit. Ive seen Neon SRT-4 seats swapped in. I believe they sit a little higher than stock, so if youre tall, might not be the best seat to use.and 2000+ Celica seats are suppose to be fairly close with the least amount of modification needed, if i remember correctly... There are threads here if you do a search that talks about the seats people have swapped in. I think people were using Planted brackets as the base

This thread has the SRT-4 seats, Celica at post #23 and apparently Avenger seats are a direct swap.
I appreciate the offer but sadly Chicago is way out and I don’t now anyone up there or traveling.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back