The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Mustang guy posting an intro...go easy on me, will ya?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeSVO

Probationary Member
Apr 8, 2009
Ft. Myers, Florida
Hi guys, I'm just posing an intro because I really came here in search of some parts and info, and *most* forums really seem to hate it when you go right to the classifieds section.

So like the screen name says, my name is Mike, and I've pretty much had Mustangs all along - all 2.3 turbos. First was an SVO, next couple were SVOs, too, then a '71 Pinto that I put a 2.3 turbo in, a 84 GT Turbo (neat car), and finally my 93 Coupe with a 2.3t swap.

But that's not to say I don't like DSMs! I've got several friends who have/had them and they are definately not to be taken lightly! I love the 4G63...it's like a 'best of' when it comes to 4 banger motors - compact with a great flowing head, much like a Honda, but with a stout, iron closed-deck block like a Ford or Mopar turbo 4.

I might not add TOO much to many threads, since I don't know too much about DSMs when it comes to the details. But I'll be lurking and trying to procure an HX-40, perhaps... :hellyeah:

Welcome to tuners! There are a lot of knowledgeable users here that would be happy to answer your questions. Like most forums, the Search button will be your best friend.

Got any pics of the Pinto?

Search "Holset" you will find a heap of info on those turbos here.

Welcome to the site Mike.

welcome to the forum best of luck and as asked above pics of the pinto

hey I'm a mustang guy too...94 gt vert with a 347/nitrous setup. But got into dsms back in 01 and just completed a stroker/hx40 setup last week. There is one of the most informative holset threads ever in our turbo tech section. Btw the hx40 is a BEAST!

Yeah that's the love machine. LOL

It was always pretty rough, but man was it a lot of fun! It was like driving around with a rockstar...people commented on it ALL the time. The weight was 2280 without me in it. The motor was just a junkyard pulled motor from a Turbo Coupe, along with the 5-speed. The rear came from a 76 Mustang (which I won on an ebay auction for 46 bucks). I tell people I did 10% of the work and my friend John did 90% of it because while I built it, he tuned it.

The bottom end was stock, the top end had some porting I did, 55 lb injectors, NPR I/C, Mass Air conversion and a pretty good tune. Stock T3 .60 trim turned up, but always on pump gas. I never manned up and went big...more of a self-preservation instinct, I think. Best run was in the 1/8, did 7.85 at like 87, I think. 1.67 60'. Always on pump gas, no launch help of any kind.

71 Pinto mostly stock 2.3 Turbo 7.85 @ 87mph 1.67 - Video

Then someone made an offer, so I let it go. I figured, how many times do you get out from under a car project with a small profit?

Plate said MYT XPLD.

Attachments

• Pimpto.jpg
    Pimpto.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 239
^Thanks for posting! Reminds me of a badass Chevy Vega my dad had.

Yea, I am in to all kinds of cars. Look at my name in Streetfire and you will find a video called "FF Trio" or something. (Can't get on it at work). It shows my friends 03' Cobra and a quick shot of an 06' GTO.

Any plans for a 5.0 302 swap into the Stang? As impressive as they are, the owners always seem to chew out 4 cylinders.

Sup dude good to have you with us. My dd is a 95 gt with 351 setup on spray.

A lot of my friends have Mustangs, and if I weren't addicted to boost and accustomed to reasonable levels of traction I probably would too. That 2.3T engine is very rare around here though.

A friend of a friend completely gutted a Fox notch and wedged in a beastly 460. Weighed damn near 2300lbs from what I remember, a large portion of that being under the hood. All he left in the interior were the seats and a swiss cheese dash, latter of which I left hand impressions on and former I nearly painted brown when he stomped it on a dirt road. "I think I'll keep my AWD for now, but thanks for the drifting lesson."

One of my best friends has at one time or another had a '69 Mach 1, '70 Boss 302, and a '98 Cobra (among a few others). However, he's driven an '01 T/A WS6 for the last 5-6 years, -the rest of our common Mustang friends have just recently stopped calling him a traitor. So... you may not want to mention to many of your mustang buddies that you've joined our ranks, but welcome to the site anyhow.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back