The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2G Muffler replacement for 1999 Eclipse GST

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luv2rallye

DSM Wiseman
Jun 7, 2003
Minneapolis, Minnesota
My stock turbo muffler needs replacement (1999 Eclipse GST 2.0L FWD turbo) but it is no longer available. I have checked all local auto stores and every Mitsubishi dealer in the country but there are no turbo ones (just NT). I'm not interested in any loud aftermarket cat back system (want quiet) but that's all I can find. Not a fancy racing one - just one to replace the stock one that uses the same mountings and would bolt right in. Every one I've found has different mountings than my stock one so I'd have to have someone weld in special mounting brackets for it and/or bend custom piping. A cat back system would be ok if it's quiet, fits properly, and uses the same mounting brackets/hangers. Every cat back I've seen says it will fit but they are loud and the mounting brackets/hangers are obviously different in the pics. Anyone have any suggestions?

Last edited:
Vibrant actuly has sum stock looking mufflers.

I have an avenger muffler, im sure its the same as a 2g nt. Id have to look through tons of pics to find any of them, but I would if the avenger muffler is kinda what ur looking for. The avenger had a v6 not sure if there's a difference in 420a vs v6 2g mufflers

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back