The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

MS Cranking Signal Issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brad Bell

Proven Member
Aug 15, 2014
Levant, Maine
Hello all

I have been installing a MS2 V3.57 full standalone on my 420a eclipse for about a month now. Everything is going great so far. Most of all the sensors are hooked up besides injectors and ignition coil. Hooked up the crank sensor today to try and get an rpm signal while cranking the engine. Sensor is powered by the 5v reference wire from the MS. Well there's some slight issues. With ignition settings set to Falling Edge, there appears to be zero rpm signal on the dashboard gauge. With settings set to Rising Edge, the dashboard gauge jumps from 0 to 100rpm with the green cranking light going on and off. Both settings while cranking the RPM sync light glows constant green. Logged both settings and they both appear the same, see attached. Not sure what the issue is, if there's a setting I'm missing or what. The unit was built by DIYAUTOTUNE, with the quote also attached you can see the mods they did to it. It lists a mod about VR input, which doesn't make sense to me because our cars use a Hall sensor for crank signal. Waiting for a reply from them on that. I know I should be set to Falling Edge for Hall sensors, but it doesn't seem to show a presence on the dashboard gauge.

Other questions I have is; the unit was built to have the second ignition output out on pin 10 of the DB15 port. How do I select this within Tunerstudio? All I see is ignition output A, no B. Next is how to bank injectors and ignition coils correctly for batch fire injection and wasted spark. More specifically, what is the firing order of the 420a, and how do I wire the injectors and ignition coils to match it. For example, is bank 1 injectors 1 and 3 or is it 1 and 4.

Thank you

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back