The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Moving up from Kelford 272s to gsc S3?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

perrytheplatypus157

Proven Member
Jun 18, 2017
Fall River, Wisconsin
I'm currently tossing around the idea of swapping for S3's in my 6466 build, and wondering what everyone else thinks of this idea. This is a drag car/weekend warrior, so I'm definitely not dailying it. I see strokers commonly paired with large cams since they have more displacement, but I don't see a whole lot on the 2.0. I feel like the only issue may be backpressure from the small T3 .82 AR housing. What do you think?

I’m going to update this post for anyone in the future that sees this. I moved to the S3s. At the same boost, I made 30 more horsepower at the same boost level. I lost 100 rpm in spool up. T3 is definitely a restriction at this point, but it’s more the precision 3” outlet on the t3 than the volute itself.

Interesting. How did the hole powerband shift? I went from bc288's to gsc s2 and they were massively better. I always wondered if there where any gains in a s3 vs my s2. When I spoke to GSC they recommended me the R2 cams due to the head work ect on my head but I felt those where to aggressive.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back