The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

Moving to Syracuse NY need inspection

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

aerodr01

Probationary Member
Mar 24, 2011
Syracuse, New_York
Hello,

I am new to this forum and was wondering if anyone knew of a place where I can get my car inspected in or near Syracuse NY. I have an eagle talon tsi awd with a ton of aftermarket parts in it. I bought the car the way it is and currently just started learning about it. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

in the the Bronx, NY they will give it to you just by inspecting another car thats perfect and then placing the sticker on your car.. you can do that.. pm me for more details.. again its in NYC i dont know if you would be willing to drive down here for that.. plus its 70 dollars

Thats pretty far but is definitely worth knowing thanks, but does anyone know of a place closer to Syracuse?

Why would he drive to the bronx? It still has to pass emissions because its a 97. Dunno whats done to it. If it can pass emissions, take it anywhere.

Any shop or dealership should be able to inspect it for free

edit: they should also be able to IM test for free if it does not pass then give you a list of things that you need in order for it to pass IM, although if its heavily modded it will not pass a visual inspection regardless if you pass tailpipe emissions or not.
Around where im from so long as you dont pass the IM you are not charged for it

im just saying i know someone where his ODB was not functioning correctly.. the computer was not picking up the car.. he took it to a small shop in the bronx and slipped him 70 and they passed it for him.. illegal yes.. but its passed.. im just saying..

good luck..

The car is heavily modded although I am unsure what has exactly been done to it. I am almost sure it will not pass emissions. Misterbeechy has it dead on I am looking for a place that I can pay X amount of dollars and pass inspection because I cannot pass it if I go to any place. Sorry for not being clear in the beginning.

Good luck with that. Past 1996...you have to pass emissions. It gets hooked up directly to the computer which is online with dmv. There is no "paying" to pass if you have a 1996+ car. Although if you hve dsmlink, you can disable the cel for emissions stuff like the egr, evap...ect. This will help you get around that part. I dont believe syracuse does the snifter or "smog" test where they hook up a sensor to your muffler...your best bet would be to at least have a cat on there though.

New York Smog Checks - Emissions Regulations, NY Smog Testing Stations - DMV Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back