The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

moving from east coast to west (octane change ???)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vinh766

15+ Year Contributor
May 20, 2003
SoCal - ATL - PHX, California
i will be moving from georgia with 93 octane to california/arizona with only 91 octane. my question is, what should i be prepared for. my profile is up to date, i am currently running 20psi daily on a big 16 a tuned conservatively with a pocketlogger and safc I, and ran a best time of 13.7@106mph at atlanta dragway. can somebody who's done a move like this or knows what i should tune my car for before i move? should i be lowering the boost? or richening it up? i know i'll play around with the tuning once i get my first drop of 91 into this 93 octane spoiled eclipse all its life. what i want to know is like, for you guys have had the same problem, what boost did you run on 93, and what do u run now on 91? or vice versa. i know altitute plays a big roll too, im just looking for a heads up before i pour my first 91. any help at all will be very much appreciated. TIA

thanks for the replies, but what i was wondering if there was a like a standard of psi drops groing from 93 to 91, like if i go 20 now, i'd probably go 18 then?

No there isn't a standard. I would just add some fuel and run some logs. Everyones setup is different.

im just really nervous about the big octane change for my car right now. im gonna try this, im gonna drive out of the way to this gas station with 92 octane (cuz everywhere else is 93 around here) and see how my car acts, and i'll tune for that, then when i go to 91, i'll already be halfway tuned for it. good idea? :thumb:

I mean honestly I would lower the boost to a safe starting point like 15psi, then start tuning back up from there.

Remember even though you are going to 92, our gas over here has different chemicals which make it act different.

gorsh daymnit, that sucks. but thanks for the info though. and hey tsiawd w/ the green talon, would u mind hitting me up on aim at vinh766, i'd like to meet you since ur in phoenix and all and im moving there and have never been there. thanks.

vinh766 said:
gorsh daymnit, that sucks. but thanks for the info though. and hey tsiawd w/ the green talon, would u mind hitting me up on aim at vinh766, i'd like to meet you since ur in phoenix and all and im moving there and have never been there. thanks.

I'm at work so I don't have access to any instant messaging programs.

^^^ your running 18psi on 91 octane on ur t-25?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back