The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Motor Swap

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bubbles

Probationary Member
Nov 13, 2002
New Bern, North_Carolina
a friends dad has a 89-93 Galant GS (not sure of year) 5speed on his lot. Been wanting a 4door again, Vr4s are almost unheard of in the area and $$$ doesnt permit me to just go buy another car.

Im sure its possible to put a 91 4g63 in the car but what all is involved in the swap?

1. Would i have to use the turbo wiring harness or could i make the harness in that car work?

2. Could i use that tranny or would i have to use my tranny in my 91 GSt?

3. Which Ecu's will i be able to use (thinking of DSMLink but not sure)

TIA

Wow that would be cool if u did that, but your talking a lot of things need to be changed and that means mucho $$$$. You would need a new tranny,clutch,injectors,fuel rail,probably pump, and u would need an IC and thats just to start, so with just that your looking at $2000 of stuff besides the price of the engine. Your better of getting a nicer 4 door car. but its up to you. If you did do it that car would be one hot ride.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back