The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

motor swap

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the_eclipse_1

20+ Year Contributor
Dec 8, 2002
Cold Spring, Kentucky
I need to know what I'll need for this motor swap. I'm switching out my 420a for a cyclone 4g63 jdm motor. the motor comes from ard performance. so what parts will i need to make it work. I know i'll need the gst ecu. probably a new radiator and fans. the motor comes with a trans and ECU OBD Conversion Harness Converts OBD1 (92-95) to OBD2a (96-98) USDM ECU for $168.95. If you all can think of anything else let me know i know i'm probably missing a lot. just fill me in. thanks. :dsm:

i am no where near a wiseman, but from my knowledge there hasnt been one successful 4g63 swap into a n/t 95-99, the time, parts, knowledge wouldnt be worth it. i had over 10 grand in my rs , and lets just say i own a gsx now, not saying rs's aint worth crap, cause i love mine dearly. i am sure others will agree with me totally .....

I'd find a wrecked GST and use it as a parts car.

if you need to ask what you need your going to have a hell of a hard time. sell your car and buy a 2g and do the 6 bolt swap.

I dont think you should be doing the swap if you have to ask....goto Evilboost.com

MNGSX said:
I'd find a wrecked GST and use it as a parts car.
Also good for a visual refrence of where everything has to be. Good luck, there's always a first for everything...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back