The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Motor pulling FUN

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

liquordrunk

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 12, 2004
Va Beach, Virginia
This is my first time pulling a motor in a dsm. My buddy Nick who is helping is completely unmeachanicaly inclined. Its 9am and we have been at work all night. So there is hte story line.

Okay well to start the morning off my car wouldn't start :evil: 9am
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

We finaly get it into the hobby shop on base.1030am

Nick having at it.

Here was the first problem. Cotter pin was sheared off and the nut was rusted to the disk. Then the axles wouldnt come out of the trans.

Nick with the MACH truck impact gun,He loved the impact wrenches

This was at 130pm

Had to clean up the space and move around to the other side where there cherry picker was. So that took time.
This is at 240pm

and at 315 pm. here it is going to the ground!!!!!

All in all I can't say that I wasn't dissapointed in my work.
#1 rusted axle nuts. Took a little time.
#2 axles did not want to come out of the trans. We cut the boot. We messed one of hte ends of the drivers side anyway from the sheared cotter pin.
#3 had an almost incompetant person helping me who actually learned very fast.
#4 ME not having a F N clue besides a packet I printed off of VFAQ online!

Its 525pm and im home drinking a beer going back in the morning to take apart the motor and strip my car down. So I can get ready for the AWD.
Dont laugh to much.

get ready for the awd? you mean this is a fwd and you are converting to awd? good luck, you're gonna need it

Burnett03 said:
get ready for the awd? you mean this is a fwd and you are converting to awd? good luck, you're gonna need it

Nah im putting another motor in my gsx that I have at the house. But i needed the miscellaneous parts off of my fwd to do it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back