The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

motor mount question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tjbiker031

15+ Year Contributor
May 4, 2007
Bradenton, Florida
ok so i have a front mount broken, not sure about the rear.....well simply put they all need to be replaced. but i heard that you could use a broken mount to put poly inserts into and i heard that the mounts cannot be broken....does anybody know what is true?. im trying to get to the bottem of a noise coming from the right side of the engine bay when i take off hard. im thinking that the mount is hitting metal to metal.

Yeah, the center rubber part of your mount is most likely torn and/or damaged. The center just gets pressed out (or however you choose to remove it) and a new center (usually polyurethane) gets pressed back into it. So no the mount really doesn't break, it's just the center, rubber part that gets ruined.

really, i thought the front/rear where just covers that went over the rubber? i know the sides are pressed in.

oh ok, so can i use a broken/torn mount with the poly inserts?

You know, you WOULD need to replace those broke/torn mounts with a new or at least another that is in good shape BEFORE you put the inserts in. I'm sorry if I may have mislead you, but I forgot that the front and rear were inserts on a 2g. Just the front is an insert on the 1g.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back