The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

motor mount question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gstfire

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 1, 2007
Las Vegas, Nevada
So got my car back from the shop the other day and they said all my motor mounts were shot. I can see all the rubber is all cracked an everything. And I've seen my motor bounce around while on the dyno. Question is, my motor mounts are screwed, does that mean i have to buy the whole thing or just replace the inserts. I'm currently looking for some with the poly inserts already installed. IF i find some and buy them, its basically replacing the mount?
'

Some you can just buy, but you could get inserts for a decent price, probably cheaper than the factory mounts. No they are just the inserts you need to press the old ones out and press the new ones in.

The poly inserts are your best bet. I bought the inserts and put them in with this method and it worked flawlessly. Now if you don't have the tools to do it, by all means try to find someone selling their whole set of mounts with the poly inserts already pressed in. But using the method above, it took me maybe 20 minutes doing all my mounts, plus I got to paint the whole mount black after I cut out the old one and it had a nice, clean look to it.

MichaelSuch's link is a good step-by-step with pictures. I used an air hammer and just pounded them out by spraying a little lube in between the ring and the mount to help it break loose. But I understand that everyone doesn't have access to an air hammer. Either way, if you do it yourself you can always save a little cash.;)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back