The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Motor is in and driving again!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TSIfreek

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 14, 2003
cary, Illinois
Hey guys I finally got the car on street again. I had some clutch disengaugement problems so the trans had to come out 4 times and a new south bend DXD OFC clutch was installed.
I have 30 miles on the new motor breaking it in good with alot of engine decell and 2 gear wide open pulls thew 3rd to load the engine well. I am not seeing any oil smoke out the tale pipe eather. The only thing I am having a problem with is I cant get past 5 psi of boost but it may be that I turned the MBC down becuse I had it at 15 psi before the rebuild. I did a compression test on it tonight with the engine hot and come up with 160 psi straight across. This is after 30 miles and 3 oil and filter changes (10/40 petrolum) . I was expecting around 170 with the 8.5:1 pistons and head work I had done. I also am using the stock .054 head gasket. See my vehicle info for engine and other work done. Thanks Kris :D :D :D :D

Yea but there is very small engine wear particals that float around in the oil that the filter cant stop that ends up on the cylinder walls and in the bearings. I got one of those oil filter cutter tools from summit so I know whats going on in the engine before its to late. Other guys just wait and hope that nothing goes wrong. Not me. The next oil change will be at 1000 miles. Its not nessasary no, but doesnt hurt when you fill the oil filter everytime with oil before you install it. What can I say im a FREAK!! :laugh:

I'm more of a fan of the change the oil....

After first 20mins of running idle
First 100 miles
500 miles
1000 miles

After a swap or rebuild

Can't hurt to be to cautious.... Dont want not using $15 worth of oil ruining $1500 worth of work

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back