The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

2G MOST Of My Gauge Lights Work..

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Techn0Nut1996

Proven Member
Jan 20, 2017
Ames, Iowa
Hey guys, after pulling out my OEM gauge cluster to clean behind and buff the lense by OEM boost and oil pressure gauges do not light up. All of the other gauges work perfect when the headlights are turned on. I thought maybe the bulbs went bad in the process of pulling out the cluster, so I replaced all of the bulbs with brand new Slyvania ones. All the lights work, except the boost and oil pressure (which share the same bulb I believe) My next thought was maybe the bulb was bad, so I switched it with one that I knew worked because it illuminated by CEL, and still nothing. Finally, I thought maybe the copper pick ups got rubbed through, so I twisted the bulb to a point where the copper looked good and clean. Still nothing.. Anyone experienced this as well, or have any ideas?? It is impossible to check to see if the bulbs are getting power of course because if the gauge cluster is pulled out it doesn't get any power from the vehicle.

EDIT: I should also note the pick ups that go into the connections to the car seem to be ok as well.

I don't have a fix, but I can say I've had similar problems on my 1g, and they've randomly worked after I tapped things and played with the bulb connections. Grab a multimeter and check continuity on the copper ribbon board. If that's got good continuity then I'd test the output from the car, though to my knowledge the illumination isn't broken up into separate sections.

Update. They are on, sometimes.. Now they tend to flicker off and on and random ones will stay on and some will turn off. It changes with bumps, so I am guessing a loose connection somewhere. I haven't been bothered enough to pull the cluster back out and check back into this though, LOL!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back