The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

Most embarrassing DSM moment?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pointblank9957

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 12, 2012
Sheboygan, Wisconsin
well i was running the Torque app for Android through my OBD2 Bluetooth logger and there's a guage for horsepower and it said the highest was around 41hp...WTF.. LOL. i know there's alot wrong with my car like:
original fuel pump on 165k miles...original fuel filter...2" test pipe...no first o2 sensor... but come on! 41hp!? LOL. good thing i just ordered a bigger header, bigger test pipe, o2 sensor, walbro 190 and new filter!

Edit: I had the weight in the app wrong, I had it set for 1406lbs when i set it as 1406kg, converted it to lbs and added my weight, fuel, subs, etc and now its at 135.9whp which is around 167hp crank, 26hp more than stock, I'm happy with that.

Last edited:
Just a matter of it reading wrong...better than last night when I was going out with this awesome girl and windowed my block. Sent the #1 rod through the side and out the oil pain. Nothing says romantic like a tow truck right?

Last edited:
My embarassing momentS are when I go to my girlfriends house ( I'm a good looking guy so I got alot of them...) they expect to hop on my car and Im like " oh no we cant go in my car...I have a mess here...." My wideband hangin....tools and parts all over the car....

That is what the trunk area is for. You can hide all your "spare parts" and tools back there. The dash on my Galant is all apart but no one ever seems to mind when the car is under boost. :D

Last edited:
That is what the trunk area is for. You can hide all your "spare parts" and tools back there. The dash on my Galant is all apart but they never seem to mind when the car is under boost and pinning them to the seat. :D

Lol...the trunk is full too..Haha..

well i was running the Torque app for Android through my OBD2 Bluetooth logger and there's a guage for horsepower and it said the highest was around 41hp...WTF.. LOL. i know there's alot wrong with my car like:
original fuel pump on 165k miles...original fuel filter...2" test pipe...no first o2 sensor... but come on! 41hp!? LOL. good thing i just ordered a bigger header, bigger test pipe, o2 sensor, walbro 190 and new filter!

If that your most embarrassing moment your doing pretty good

I was driving down the road headed to the highway and on the other lane I see a friend I have not seen in years so we wave at each other and then he lets me merge lanes so I can get on the highway first so I decided to WOT it and I pull away really fast and BOOM there goes an intercooler hose, needless to say I pull over and about 30 seconds later he just passes me and keep driving. What a f**king DICK.

never tried to contact him afterwards.

With no front o2 I believe it. Your fuel trims are through the roof.

I had a short block crap the bed after 100 miles. I payed more attention the next time I built it.

Lol thats horrible. Last i tried in mine it was 278 haha

I finally got one of my old 91 running with a motor I got on craigslist and it ended up having very low compression. Well I decided to go show my girl that I got it running and my dumb*** shuts the car off while it was hot. Well when we got in it to go home it wouldnt start:ohdamn: I tried starting it so much that after a while the battery died so I had to push her around in it to see if we could push start it, didn't work:banghead: well after it cooled off it finally started and a different battery and we got it home:applause: but to this day she'll never let me live it down :(

I had a hot girl talk trash in a group of other car guys, saying she'd spank my car with her stock 350z. I had the choices of looking like a total wuss and not race her, or race her and risk the legal problems with doing so... I took option 2, but took it out to an abandoned section of highway outside of town. I had been messing around with some of the CeddyMods stuff in my ECU, and had turned on some features I hadn't tried yet... Well, one of them doesn't function correctly. I found this out when we launched and my car started bucking and backfiring like shotgun as soon as it hit 5000 rpm. It cut out so bad it killed the motor after a few violent jolts, and I really thought I had messed something up bad... and this was first gear... So I was still close enough to the other spectators for them to hear the girl come back and start cracking some harsh jokes. Turns out No-Lift-to-Shift in CeddyMods assumes your motor is OVER 5000 rpm already when you have it on, so the rev limiter will kick in at 5k coming up or down. I looked like a complete idiot... and I still get crap about that occasionally. :ohdamn:

i was in my 93 rx7 going down the freeway at like 1am after a fresh set of mods, new intercooler, new exhaust, new intake..ect. anyway, i get passed by 4 cars going like 110mph, some crappy chevy impala, a dodge stratus, some other normal looking cars I couldn't identify, Anyway, I got cocky and sped up to show them what fast really looked like (assuming they were racing eachother) so I pull up along side of them while they are going 110, THEN I downshift, floor it, and take off, right around 140mph I look in the rearview only to notice that ALL FOUR OF THEM were unmarked cops. Red and blues everywhere.

Got pulled over, got yelled at, got cuffed, They were laughing because they kept asking if I was ####ing stupid, and I kept saying... "yep.. I really am"
long story short, they were on the way to some drug bust thing and let me go.

Not a dsm story but seemed worthy to share.

i was in my 93 rx7 going down the freeway at like 1am after a fresh set of mods, new intercooler, new exhaust, new intake..ect. anyway, i get passed by 4 cars going like 110mph, some crappy chevy impala, a dodge stratus, some other normal looking cars I couldn't identify, Anyway, I got cocky and sped up to show them what fast really looked like (assuming they were racing eachother) so I pull up along side of them while they are going 110, THEN I downshift, floor it, and take off, right around 140mph I look in the rearview only to notice that ALL FOUR OF THEM were unmarked cops. Red and blues everywhere.

Got pulled over, got yelled at, got cuffed, They were laughing because they kept asking if I was ####ing stupid, and I kept saying... "yep.. I really am"

Lmaoo hahahahahh!!!!!!!!! Good one!

About a year and half ago took my girl to new york in my gsx we left early in the morning and came back at 4 in the morning cause the motor decided to threw a rod in the middle of highway to this date she will not live it down but it happened to be really cold out and the tow took hours to come

When I first got my 91 awd, i put the 18g turbo and 3" exhaust and mbc and air intake..and Walbro 255, put no tune... Made good power after cranking up the boost to about 19psi or so but leaned it out... My plate on it says v8srslo, and I raced 2 camero's that night.first 1 beat me pretty good then I beat the newer 1 more than once and decided to race him again, and melted piston # 2.. Bad move..

ROFL

That would suck, but as soon as you said Impala, that's exactly what I was thinking. Unmarked cars. That's pretty common around here, this being Jaurez drug smuggler central... You really have to watch during the day to see what unmarked cars are in town, because there are a lot of them here. :hmm:

I'm sure ABQ is just as bad because of the corridor.

Was in my 95 gst. 6 bolt swap, 14b turbo, pretty much stock, exhaust included. Had a 420a car pull up next to me at a red light. He was revving up a lot. My car isn't the prettiest thing either. I had my buddy with me and he is like a tumor... "come on race him", "show him how a turbo car will wax his sh*t"... etc. I gave in and raced the guy. Car had a huge misfire at 3000rpm and I lost the race soooo bad. Normally I don't race out on the streets. I like having a fast car, but I prefer all my money go to my car rather than the city for speeding tickets. Oh and personal embarassment, I have NEVER been pulled over in either of my turbo cars, my b18 civic, basically any fast car I had, but I got pulled over all the time in my 4 door d15 civic with like 52 hp. fail.

The onetime I got beat by a b16 honda....... jk lawl

Its happened to me :(

I had barley gotten the car, (fully stock besides..) Threw in an intake, and heard a strange whine.

Thought it was just the intake, but it had boost leaks everywhere and the intake just helped them squeal and whine.

Was in my friend dseries civic and a random b18 revving the eff to my homie. so we pull up to the lot where my car was at, wanting to race my friend.

Long story I ended up wagering 20 bucks and got his exhaust in my face.

:toobad:

Ive since stopped racing when my car is handicapped, just knowing they won and having them think theyre superior, without understanding my car was on 3 legs kills me.

I took a girl out in my auto and somehow bumped my overdrive button on the highway at 80 Mph and sent my rpms to 7500. She hit her head off my dash, luckily my airbag didn't deploy. Terrible night.

I took a girl out in my auto and somehow bumped my overdrive button on the highway at 80 Mph and sent my rpms to 7500. She hit her head off my dash, luckily my airbag didn't deploy. Terrible night.

Damn... the highest ive gotten mine was to 7000 and thats very sketchy when the redline is 6000. Overdrive acts like a 5th gear on mine and kicks in at 120mph @1700rpm

Damn... the highest ive gotten mine was to 7000 and thats very sketchy when the redline is 6000. Overdrive acts like a 5th gear on mine and kicks in at 120mph @1700rpm

Stock "redline" and rev limiter on a 4g64 is 6k. Stock "redline" on a 4g63 is 7K but the rev limiter is 7500.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back