The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Morrison Fabrications Welding Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MorrisonFab

Supporting Vendor
May 28, 2017
Johnson Creek, Wisconsin
Hi, all:

We share a lot of what we do on our Facebook/Instagram pages but there's no better place to document all of it than here! We'll just throw random photos on here that we think are neat :)

Cheers,
Matt and Samantha

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited:
Nice work! That is some grade A high quality welding for sure.
Thank you, Jeff!
That looks like a robot did it, thats amazing.
We really appreciate the kind words, Matt :)

Work is amazing, but in person looks even better.
I was impressed with the work and design when I recived my twin scroll (recsirculated), is just a peace of art.

Thanks Matt and Samantha for the effort you two put into all our parts.

Thank you, Miguel!!

It was definitely one of the more involved setups that we really appreciated being able to create for you! Hope all is well and you have been able to enjoy your torque monster :)

Lookin good guys

Thank you, Kyle!! That means a lot coming from you :)

Last edited:

This further substantiates my recent purchase for the consolidated topmount and hot parts kit!!!! Super stoked and cant wait!!! The Shootout is right around the corner it seems!!! Keep up the outstanding work Matt and Samantha!!!

Matt do you weld the flanges internally? For instance on the head flange do you weld the manifold together and come back and weld inside the runners?

Thank you all!!

Matt do you weld the flanges internally? For instance on the head flange do you weld the manifold together and come back and weld inside the runners?

That is part of our process, yes :thumb:

Cheers,

Matt and Samantha

Thank you, Jeff!

We really appreciate the kind words, Matt :)

Thank you, Miguel!!

It was definitely one of the more involved setups that we really appreciated being able to create for you! Hope all is well and you have been able to enjoy your torque monster :)

Thank you, Kyle!! That means a lot coming from you :)

This is gorgeous. This is for a true, twin-scroll, twin-wastegate, T3 Holset V-Band (outlet) setup, yes? I don't see this on your site - I'd be interesting to know the cost and lead time. Also, was this specific set designed for a 1G or 2G and will it work with stock radiator and plumbing setup as well as stock alternator? If I have a long route FMIC will this interfere with the section of pipe coming out of the compressor housing going to the intercooler inlet?

This is gorgeous. This is for a true, twin-scroll, twin-wastegate, T3 Holset V-Band (outlet) setup, yes? I don't see this on your site - I'd be interesting to know the cost and lead time. Also, was this specific set designed for a 1G or 2G and will it work with stock radiator and plumbing setup as well as stock alternator? If I have a long route FMIC will this interfere with the section of pipe coming out of the compressor housing going to the intercooler inlet?

Thank you!
Yes :)
The hot parts kit is twin scroll T3 http://morrisonfabrications.com/product/dsm-twin-scroll-t3-hot-parts-kit/
This particular one had two wastegates instead of a single (divided to the wastegate valve) wastegate since the setup needed the extra boost control. Both dual wastegate and single (divided) wastegate provisions options are the same price for the complete setup ($1549) but this one was also recirculated double slip joints which is a +$80 option for one recirc, and +$150 two recirc (dual gate).

We put a lot of effort into making sure that each will fit both 1g, 2g, 6 bolt, and 7 bolt so they are interchangeable (unless noted) and each setup can be (and should be) tailored to exactly what you're looking for.

Our T3 setups can keep all factory accessories and often even retain the factory passenger (main) fan on a 2g and still clear the HX35 compressor cover :)
Alternator is no problem, and we make sure the downpipe/dumptubes are routed as far from the lower IC piping as possible.

Feel free to message us for more info- we are also end users of our peices and if we haven't already encountered it, we want to.

Thank you!
Yes :)
The hot parts kit is twin scroll T3 http://morrisonfabrications.com/product/dsm-twin-scroll-t3-hot-parts-kit/
This particular one had two wastegates instead of a single (divided to the wastegate valve) wastegate since the setup needed the extra boost control. Both dual wastegate and single (divided) wastegate provisions options are the same price for the complete setup ($1549) but this one was also recirculated double slip joints which is a +$80 option for one recirc, and +$150 two recirc (dual gate).

We put a lot of effort into making sure that each will fit both 1g, 2g, 6 bolt, and 7 bolt so they are interchangeable (unless noted) and each setup can be (and should be) tailored to exactly what you're looking for.

Our T3 setups can keep all factory accessories and often even retain the factory passenger (main) fan on a 2g and still clear the HX35 compressor cover :)
Alternator is no problem, and we make sure the downpipe/dumptubes are routed as far from the lower IC piping as possible.

Feel free to message us for more info- we are also end users of our peices and if we haven't already encountered it, we want to.

Awesome. Thanks for the info. That would explain why I didn't see it - it only showed the single wastegate setup in the pictures/description. Glad to hear you guys put in the effort to make sure it fits as well as possible within the constraints of a fairly/completely stock car!

Will hopefully be reaching out a bit down the road for one of these kits. May even have to stop in at the shop if I ever make it out to Wisconsin one of these days (from Michigan).

Attachments

• 89B3C8A1-0D73-45E5-AF94-C8F380C015F5.jpeg
    89B3C8A1-0D73-45E5-AF94-C8F380C015F5.jpeg
    800.7 KB · Views: 141
We do titanium, too! :)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back