The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Morrison Fabrications Product Offerings

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MorrisonFab

Supporting Vendor
May 28, 2017
Johnson Creek, Wisconsin
Just wanted to share what we offer! Continually testing and developing new stuff, though- so if you don't see it, feel free to shoot us a message.

----

We have over 25 years of combined experience in the DSM and Evo platforms – welding, fabricating , engine building, drag racing, etc. In fact, it was our love for these cars – specifically, red 1ga talons – that brought us together. You can read a bit more about who we are and how we started here: http://morrisonfabrications.com/about-us/

On our website, you can also find some tech articles (and just wait, some really neat ones are being written right now!), along with more photos of all of our offerings, and what you can expect from each of our products. We are really proud of our website so please browse around

We specialize in creating DSM, Evo 4-9, and Evo X manifolds and hot parts kits. Some of our current manifold offerings are (and we also offer a full hot parts kits for each):

DSM:

Evo 4-9:

Evo X:

Photos-
DSM Small Runner T3:
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

DSM Large Runner T3:

DSM Twin Scroll T3 (MrPeepers)

DSM V-band:

DSM Top Mount Twin Scroll T4:

DSM Top Mount Twin Scroll Consolidated Runner T4:

Small Runner Twin Scroll T4:

DSM Forward Facing T4:

DSM HY35 Downpipe (with and without the flex section - photo is with):

DSM 1g Auto Shift Lever and Bracket

Evo 4-9 Small Runner T3:

Evo 4-9 Large Runner T3:

Evo 4-9 Small Runner V-band:

Evo 4-9 Large Runner V-band:

Evo 4-9 Forward Facing T3:

Evo X V-band:

We are in the design phase of several others, as well, for Evo 4-9, Evo X, and even the SRT-4 platform so stay tuned on that front. We look forward to being a part of your new personal best.

Cheers!
-Matt & Samantha
www.morrisonfabrications.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MorrisonFab1/
Instagram: @MorrisonFab
Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/141960099@N05/albums

Last edited:
Nice products. Thanks for the contributions!
Have you ever made V-band, pie cut or mandrel bent, down pipes for HX40's? Most of the hot side T3's and 4's need a V-band down pipe. Thought I'd be the first to chime in and also ask a question.

Thank you, Marty!

Are you referring to the BEP or Turbolab v-band outlet housings or the factory HX40 outlet configuration?

Stop teasing me with these LOL. I finally got the money together for a mr peepers but I won't be able to swap it out til fall.

Thank you, Marty!

Are you referring to the BEP or Turbolab v-band outlet housings or the factory HX40 outlet configuration?
It would be for both BEP and Turbolab. If we just had the "head" part and the bend the rest can be fabbed pretty easy.
Thanks for the reply, I don't know of anyone offering those items and mine is very custom pie cuts with a bung for our O2 sensors. :thumb:

The BEP is tucked in about an inch more than the turbolab housing. Also the turbolab housing utilizes a oring style flange vs the BEP housing where it's just smooth.

I had never used a turbolab housing but they seemed similar. The .82 generic Holset housing is made like the BEP unit as far as v-banding the exhaust. Just looking for someone that might offer this flange option because going T3 or T4 offers so many more options on the turbo side.

It would be for both BEP and Turbolab. If we just had the "head" part and the bend the rest can be fabbed pretty easy.
Thanks for the reply, I don't know of anyone offering those items and mine is very custom pie cuts with a bung for our O2 sensors. :thumb:

This one, and the one in the hot parts photo in the original post, are for an HX40 in the BEP housing. Brandon brings up some really good points, and the BEP outlet does stick out ~1/2" further than the Turbolab (as well as some other more slight differences). The Turbolab housing would actually give some more room for the downpipe bend. We also have the capability to make a downpipe for the factory HX40 T3 outlet, it's just not as convenient as a v-band.

We really like to offer our downpipes as shown, with a quick release v-band just before the pan for quick removal and access to the pan or transfer case. A heatsink wideband O2 bung as well as a bung for the factory O2 bung, enough clearance for the oil filter to be taken on and off in the factory location, and a flex bellows under the pan that points straight back to easily slip over your existing exhaust to be welded together. We have some pretty slick fixturing that allows us to quickly create a downpipe for many combinations while keeping the price around the $350 mark (for bottom mount stuff) which is really damn good.
One thing to note, though, is that the downpipe is highly dependent on where the manifold places the turbo/turbine housing. Meaning, we typically make downpipes for our own placement and manifolds (or common setups like the Turbonetics) but can certainly chat about whatever you're looking for.

Last edited:
That is what I wanted to hear. You ARE making things that we all need, and cudo's to you!
Pretty slick looking DP, I really like it because that down pipe is just hard for a DIY'er to do.
Thanks again Morrison Fab!!!

That downpipe is sick!!
I can't wait to switch projects to my 99 GSX build after my truck build is done!!
TST4 small runner bottom mount and a complete hot parts kit please!!

That is what I wanted to hear. You ARE making things that we all need, and cudo's to you!
Pretty slick looking DP, I really like it because that down pipe is just hard for a DIY'er to do.
Thanks again Morrison Fab!!!

Thank you for the kind words!! We are still going strong with our own DSM projects so it gives us a really good idea what we like and want, at least ;)

That downpipe is sick!!
I can't wait to switch projects to my 99 GSX build after my truck build is done!!
TST4 small runner bottom mount and a complete hot parts kit please!!

We were thinking of you when we posted up the small runnerT4TS bottom mount! Glad you saw it!
We are extremely happy with how it turned out (equal length to boot) and it's got some of us a little "setup envious" (Matt) LOL

I can't wait to get one of your manifolds on my new car! The first one I ordered off you was very nice.
Thanks for the kind words, Scott - thank you! It would be an honor to be a part of something so badass!

I had a couple of their manifolds in my hands winter for some testing that I ran out of time for. They were unbelievably nice! I make all my own stuff, but if I was gonna buy a manifold these guys would be it!
That is so nice of you to say, Kurt - thank you!

It means a lot coming from you two! :)

I had a couple of their manifolds in my hands winter for some testing that I ran out of time for. They were unbelievably nice! I make all my own stuff, but if I was gonna buy a manifold these guys would be it!
Most of the original fabricators who made cool parts for these cars years ago have moved on to focus on other platforms. It's really nice to see that we still have a few highly skilled creators sticking around, continuing to offer some bad ass parts. The more customers they get from our community, the more inclined they'll be to continue to apply their skills in this market. That's why I always recommend vendors who support this community.

I have a question in regards to your t4 divided manifolds.

Do you purposely group cylinders 1 and 4 and 2 and 3 and direct them towards either the inducer or exducer of the turbine? Perhaps you have found that directing a paired 1 and 4 cylinder combo towards the inducer produces better power or response? Or perhaps directing this cylinder combo towards the excducer works better. Maybe it hasn't even been tested and it sort of is what it is? Just curious.

Most of the original fabricators who made cool parts for these cars years ago have moved on to focus on other platforms. It's really nice to see that we still have a few highly skilled creators sticking around, continuing to offer some bad ass parts. The more customers they get from our community, the more inclined they'll be to continue to apply their skills in this market. That's why I always recommend vendors who support this community.

Well said, Chris! We appreciate all you’ve done for this community, as well. The forum is...irreplaceable. From how-to's to what's the best company to go with for XXX part to just having conversations and making life-long friendships. Tuners is the go-to place for all things DSM related and we are grateful for all the work you’ve put in over the years to house every bit of information about these cars in one location.

Part of what interested us in taking over making the DSM/Evo (and a few others) manifolds (etc.) from Shearer Fabrications was exactly this. His products were always - in our eyes, anyway - seen as the best of the best; the “ultimate goal” pieces. It’s truly been an honor to continue on his legacy and make it (and the products) our own.

These cars will always be a part of us, and we hope to continue offering and developing some pretty neat things!

I have a question in regards to your t4 divided manifolds.

Do you purposely group cylinders 1 and 4 and 2 and 3 and direct them towards either the inducer or exducer of the turbine? Perhaps you have found that directing a paired 1 and 4 cylinder combo towards the inducer produces better power or response? Or perhaps directing this cylinder combo towards the excducer works better. Maybe it hasn't even been tested and it sort of is what it is? Just curious.

Good question and good eye!
In doing research, we've read that the inner inducer side volute of a divided turbine housing can be a larger size/nozzle/effective a/r than the outer exducer side volute in order to compensate for the fact it has to travel across the entire turbine wheel (and to equalize the gas flow and hence VE between each cylinder pair and volute). Patented as an "Asymmetric Twin Scroll Volute." We don't know how many turbo manufacturers do this, but it's definitely a variable to think about.

Pairing 1&4 on the exducer side volute wasn't something we did purposely, but it is opposite of most other DSM offerings. If we had to guess, the likelihood of it being a contributing factor isn't high- especially with the other design considerations. Seriously though, we appreciate your attention to detail!

We are in the design phase of a 2g Shift Lever and Bracket, as well!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back