The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Monthly Car meet is lacking in DSM's\Mitsus!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

would be a shame if that hood suddenly went missing about the same time I got one. haha jk

loooks good!

haha... if the hood goes missing might as well take the wheels too... I'm amazed of how well the hood and wheels match.

lucky bastard! I wish I had some decent rims :(

oh well, at least the dsm runs good now :)

Anyone coming out this saturday? Supposed to be nice out from what the weather is saying as of now. I would like to go out just depends on if i can get some money by then.

Who all is coming out for B+C tomorrow night? i'll be there! DSM is running hellalot better so definitely look for me!

97GST were you at Belks tonight (Friday) I thought I saw your car there, It was silver 2G Turbo a lot like yours with black rims and such.

Who all is coming out for B+C tomorrow night? i'll be there! DSM is running hellalot better so definitely look for me!

97GST were you at Belks tonight (Friday) I thought I saw your car there, It was silver 2G Turbo a lot like yours with black rims and such.

That was me.. I live literally across the street from the avenue. Figured i would come up and show my rice to peoples LOL

That was me.. I live literally across the street from the avenue. Figured i would come up and show my rice to peoples LOL

I just realized your 1126eclipse on Tennspeed XD

^ haha yea. I don't have a job so i just surf the forums all day usually LOL. Im on a lot of forums including tennesspeed, tennspeed, tnrace, tamparacing.. I don't have much of a life haha

^ haha yea. I don't have a job so i just surf the forums all day usually LOL. Im on a lot of forums including tennesspeed, tennspeed, tnrace, tamparacing.. I don't have much of a life haha

haha. nothing wrong with that.

John,
While you surf I need help finding a forged short block in good condition or just pistons / rods in good condition. Its time to get the Talon on the road!

So how about Vance's car is ALREADY for sale.. !

1991 AWD TALON Bullseye/DSMlink/Greddy/BC 400awhp.

Interesting ... I guess he's gauging interest ... there's many posts of people who want to see the car.

yeps, he decided to sell, i think he wants another colt.

but meh, it has too many issues. PCV issue is the worst, but an easy fix if he wants to do it.

Is his Oil Filter issue because of blow by? if so damn!. I'm surprised I didn't have that issue when I was at 20 Psi. I use to have horrible blow by even when I was just cruising around town and would never take it past 3.5k

Ill look around for you frank.. I have nothing else to do haha

I know it's pricey and you' might have a tad of a wait, but DSMGraveyard is pretty good. Bought alot of stuff from them actually.

I found a good deal on a stock rebuild short block for 600 obo in cincy.. Its just a stock rebuild though.

Seems like a good deal.. but if im going fully built i dont want to put shit inside just because its cheaper LOL.. I have to talk my buddy mike into this all the time.. better to wait a week or 2 for the extra money rather than install an engine 2 times.. If i had a job i would be doing a fully built block.

Seems like a good deal.. but if im going fully built i dont want to put shit inside just because its cheaper LOL.. I have to talk my buddy mike into this all the time.. better to wait a week or 2 for the extra money rather than install an engine 2 times.. If i had a job i would be doing a fully built block.

damn you sound just like Matt! "Buy the good shit you cheap bastard" .... "oh #### you" .... then I go buy it.

this time though if I have to spend over 1k to build this engine I will be yanking the motor out the Laser which I don't wanna do. I haven't heard any horror stories about Frankenrods nor do I plan to run 40psi on this car either. I'm hoping for a dependable 500 to 600hp DSM capable of 25-30psi daily driver.

So far, all I have is a turbo block and crank that I'm getting for $75. So only have $925 left to spend!

Last edited:
Alright guys I come to you for advice. Now keep in mind that I'm trying HARD to stay under $1k so that I can get a bb turbo vs running something like a holset or some other journal turbo. In other words, I have to do a careful juggling act.

I've posted a thread on ECMTuning looking for pistons/rods or even a short block. I've gotten about 4 responses in the last 12 hours.
1) a 2.3l short block for $2k
2) BRAND NEW Scat Rods and Ross pistons for $725
3) ross pistons (99811 part number), on 1g rods, with arp hardware for $275
4) 2G pistons and rings that were machine on 1g rods that he claims has supported a 10sec car

So does anyone have an opinion about options (3 and 4)? Will either combination support a 35r running 30psi? Options (1 & 2) are out cause they are too expensive.

Last edited:
I live in Hendersonville and just picked up a 2G GST. I got it cheap, it needs TLC. It is my DD as I have a 02 Mustang GT Vert as my weekend car. I have goals of 450-500whp for the Stang and 275-300whp for the Eclipse. My GST is a green 2GA. My Mustang is easily noticed. It is Mineral Gray, Black Top, Steeda Wheels, Decepticon Symbols in place of GT on fenders and says DECEPTIVE where FORD was on trunk. I cannot choose between Boost and Cubes so, had to have both.

As I said, the GST needs TLC. Where is a good place to find used parts? I am looking for a Pull Yourself Salvage Yard. Which one is here in Nashville? Anybody goto MusicCity Raceway? Anybody here in Hendersonville or near?

I live in Hendersonville and just picked up a 2G GST. I got it cheap, it needs TLC. It is my DD as I have a 02 Mustang GT Vert as my weekend car. I have goals of 450-500whp for the Stang and 275-300whp for the Eclipse. My GST is a green 2GA. My Mustang is easily noticed. It is Mineral Gray, Black Top, Steeda Wheels, Decepticon Symbols in place of GT on fenders and says DECEPTIVE where FORD was on trunk. I cannot choose between Boost and Cubes so, had to have both.

As I said, the GST needs TLC. Where is a good place to find used parts? I am looking for a Pull Yourself Salvage Yard. Which one is here in Nashville? Anybody goto MusicCity Raceway? Anybody here in Hendersonville or near?

275whp isn't hard at all in a Turbo DSM. BPU's with a decent tune and you'd be there. E316G, Bigger Injectors like 650's, Intake, Exhaust, Boost Controller, Tune. Done.

Best pull yourself yard is Pull-A-Part on centennial Blvd in Nashville off Briley pkwy. They have a few 2G + 1G's I think all N\A turbo's usually get raped.

My plan is a tranny rebuild with Evo 5th, T28, 550cc injectors, Thermal Exhaust, 264 cams, FMIC, and a slew of handling bits. I like to play on back roads. I have a full Eibach kit on the Mustang and love it. I will have to check out that place. I want to do a 2Gb Conversion with some EVO rims.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back