The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Monthly Car meet is lacking in DSM's\Mitsus!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Also, my front bumper is cut out for a fmic. But if you got a red one, I'll trade.
97gst. Glad to hear its getting back together. let me know if you need any help.

DIRQUIN,
I saw a red bumper cover at Pull A Part last week from a Talon I think 91-ish I think it was in good condition. I can't remember if it was a TSI cover or a GS cover like the one you have already.

Btw,
I had an accident this morning in the Laser. DAMN!!! After owning the car for over 20 years I had never had one. Well I guess the calendar has to start all over again. So, the hood is buckled and the bumper is paint damaged. I need a hood (preferably blue) and recommendation for a body shop to paint the bumper cover. I pray that is all.

Mine did. But you are over working the turbo to keep that level. Does your guage show vac. If so what is it reading? Give me a shout this evening and we can meet up some where. I work in nashville. I get off around 5. You still got my cell #?

Now it doesn't read Vacuum only boost.

I'm going to Pull A Part today So I'll be in Nashville. I'll text you today.

DIRQUIN,
I saw a red bumper cover at Pull A Part last week from a Talon I think 91-ish I think it was in good condition. I can't remember if it was a TSI cover or a GS cover like the one you have already.

Btw,
I had an accident this morning in the Laser. DAMN!!! After owning the car for over 20 years I had never had one. Well I guess the calendar has to start all over again. So, the hood is buckled and the bumper is paint damaged. I need a hood (preferably blue) and recommendation for a body shop to paint the bumper cover. I pray that is all.

DAMN dude that sucks!!!! Pics? how bad is it? what happend exactly?

Frank i heard about your luck.. That sucks to hear man. At least you have an excuse to spend some money on the dsm again.

On a side note... Got to drive around some tonight, Filled the tank up and OF COURSE my alternator ended up going out.. Cant ever keep this thing running. Probably pull it off and get a new one in time for tomorrow. Hope the weather gets a little better for tomorrow.

Frank i heard about your luck.. That sucks to hear man. At least you have an excuse to spend some money on the dsm again.

Thanks John. Bought Matt's carbon fiber hood off his old GSX. He installed it Friday morning. Takes a lot to get used to after looking at the old hood for 20 years then seeing a carbon fiber one. I'll post a pic as soon as I wax the hood. Its faded after months of sitting idle I guess. Leaning towards painting it blue since I need to paint the bumper. I think I can get both done for the same price since all you pay is for the booth time. I have to call Maaco to find out. Last time I got parts painted it was $90. If I pull the trigger and anyone wants to paint blue that is then throw yours in too, I will pay for booth fee, I hate to see paint go to waste.

On a side note... Got to drive around some tonight, Filled the tank up and OF COURSE my alternator ended up going out.. Cant ever keep this thing running. Probably pull it off and get a new one in time for tomorrow. Hope the weather gets a little better for tomorrow.

Great news about getting it running at least. Did you buy a warranteed alternator? Have you heard about buying the Galant GSX one? I think its the same price as the stock 75amp but its a 90amp. Its an upgrade from at least the 1g perspective not sure about the 2g. I read about it in forums.

DAMN dude that sucks!!!! Pics? how bad is it? what happend exactly?

I was following traffic then got distracted, looked back up and realized I was going faster than everybody, hit brakes *bang*. Front end of car dropped below his bumper cause of braking. It rode up my hood breaking shit. Looks like stuff is pushed in but front mount and radiator seem to run. Fans still work. Hood is junk though. Fortunately, I don't have a huge intercooler core so I still had a bumper bar to take impact.

Mistakes happen fast!

Ya i have warrantied mine out 7+ times now. I just hope they don't start declining me because im back every other month trying to get a new one haha. and at least it didnt mess up that manifold of yours. My buddy got his bike fairings painted at macco a few months back and they charged him a flat fee of 250 for booth and paint. They wouldn't go any lower saying they had to mix a pint so it would be that price and they would paint as much as that pint would do.

Thanks John. Bought Matt's carbon fiber hood off his old GSX. He installed it Friday morning. Takes a lot to get used to after looking at the old hood for 20 years then seeing a carbon fiber one. I'll post a pic as soon as I wax the hood. Its faded after months of sitting idle I guess. Leaning towards painting it blue since I need to paint the bumper. I think I can get both done for the same price since all you pay is for the booth time. I have to call Maaco to find out. Last time I got parts painted it was $90. If I pull the trigger and anyone wants to paint blue that is then throw yours in too, I will pay for booth fee, I hate to see paint go to waste.

I was following traffic then got distracted, looked back up and realized I was going faster than everybody, hit brakes *bang*. Front end of car dropped below his bumper cause of braking. It rode up my hood breaking shit. Looks like stuff is pushed in but front mount and radiator seem to run. Fans still work. Hood is junk though. Fortunately, I don't have a huge intercooler core so I still had a bumper bar to take impact.

Mistakes happen fast!

That sucks dude At least It's Fixable, and nothing major was damanged. I think My Chassis Is tweaked because of the way the Hood and Bumper sit, But It's still fixable.

and I was looking into buying Matt's CF hood so you suck haha jk. If you decide to sell it again let me know man.

On a side note, the DSM is running much much better...I'm getting Heavy Fuel Cut at 3k. cause it will be pulling pulling boost builds up to about 15 psi, starts to pull hard and then it just cuts out and bogs down and feels like hitting a wall. I still need new Spark Plug Wires, If anyone has a Set of Old ones or something that are still good gimme a shout. I'm tight on money...

Hey guys head out to B+C tonight, I'm leaving in 5 mins for it. It's sunny out and cleared up for the night so come down!

Last edited:
That sucks dude At least It's Fixable, and nothing major was damanged. I think My Chassis Is tweaked because of the way the Hood and Bumper sit, But It's still fixable.

and I was looking into buying Matt's CF hood so you suck haha jk. If you decide to sell it again let me know man.
Let Matt look at your engine bay. He's pretty good with eye-balling things for a quick solution. As for the hood, its wayyyy too early to tell if I'm going to keep or go back to stock. If I can find a blue hood in good condition I will definitely consider it. I just don't want to get a hood in a diff color because I'm so anal that I would want it blue on both sides.

I still need new Spark Plug Wires, If anyone has a Set of Old ones or something that are still good gimme a shout. I'm tight on money...
I have some old ones you can have. I switched to NGK wires and now might switch those to COP as soon as I get some sheet metal for Matt.

Hey guys head out to B+C tonight, I'm leaving in 5 mins for it. It's sunny out and cleared up for the night so come down!
Its been nasty still over where I live.

Let Matt look at your engine bay. He's pretty good with eye-balling things for a quick solution. As for the hood, its wayyyy too early to tell if I'm going to keep or go back to stock. If I can find a blue hood in good condition I will definitely consider it. I just don't want to get a hood in a diff color because I'm so anal that I would want it blue on both sides.

Could you PM me his Cell number and if He has Texting? I really need someone to look at my car. Timing is Sniper Accurate on, and Still having same issues as before. Except now every once and awhile it works much better and I can go Full Boost @ WOT till about 5800-6k ish when I hit fuel cut. But this only last's for about 30 seconds at the moment, It just started doing it tonight.

I have some old ones you can have. I switched to NGK wires and now might switch those to COP as soon as I get some sheet metal for Matt.

When Could I get those from you?

Its been nasty still over where I live.

Yeah we got hit with some nasty Rain about 730ish I wanna say, but that passed quickly and we all went back. Couple people showed up, nothing to crazy tho. Right Hand Drive S13 Turbo, S14, BMW M3 E36, Jeep, RX8, Me, N\T MR2, 1G TSI.

Could you PM me his Cell number and if He has Texting? I really need someone to look at my car. Timing is Sniper Accurate on, and Still having same issues as before. Except now every once and awhile it works much better and I can go Full Boost @ WOT till about 5800-6k ish when I hit fuel cut. But this only last's for about 30 seconds at the moment, It just started doing it tonight.

Yeah we got hit with some nasty Rain about 730ish I wanna say, but that passed quickly and we all went back. Couple people showed up, nothing to crazy tho. Right Hand Drive S13 Turbo, S14, BMW M3 E36, Jeep, RX8, Me, N\T MR2, 1G TSI.

180sx is arron. (white with green cage)
1g tsi is vance. (panda)
E36 m3 is jackson.

1g tsi is vance. (panda)
E36 m3 is jackson.

There was no white 180sx???

There was a Dark Green 240sx S14 w\ Welded Diff and exhaust or at least muffler.

and a Turbo Brownish Tanish Metallicish RHD S13 240sx Turbo

I will put them in my car. The place I work is in Franklin at the corner of Caruthers and Cool Springs so you can get them during hours of 9a to 4p. Today I could get them to you at some point this afternoon maybe. I live in Nolensville.

1g tsi is vance. (panda)
E36 m3 is jackson.

Vance huh? is it a pop-up black AWD or FWD?

I will put them in my car. The place I work is in Franklin at the corner of Caruthers and Cool Springs so you can get them during hours of 9a to 4p. Today I could get them to you at some point this afternoon maybe. I live in Nolensville.

I'll probably get them from you today or tomorrow.

Vance huh? is it a pop-up black AWD or FWD?

White TSI AWD. Mild Mods, 2G MAF, Sounds like He's running 272's but he said stock motor, I say BS, 650cc Injectors, Intake, Hard Piping, FMIC, Exhaust, Manifold, Etc.

I'll probably get them from you today or tomorrow.

White TSI AWD. Mild Mods, 2G MAF, Sounds like He's running 272's but he said stock motor, I say BS, 650cc Injectors, Intake, Hard Piping, FMIC, Exhaust, Manifold, Etc.
Alright, send a message when you want to hookup. I'll get you my phone.

Sounds like Vance has been busy. He mentioned he was back in DSM sounds like he came back with a huge splash.

What's his username here?

Alright, send a message when you want to hookup. I'll get you my phone.

Sounds like Vance has been busy. He mentioned he was back in DSM sounds like he came back with a huge splash.

What's his username here?

I don't know, Personally I don't really like him just because first time I met him all he did was talk a bunch of trash about nothing LOL. I've been told he's always like that.

Car is running much better more often. I managed to do a 40-110 Pull tonight (On a track ;) ) Got up there pretty Quick, Granted it was down hill but still, before I couldn't even do 60mph because It would just fuel cut on me.

I don't know, Personally I don't really like him just because first time I met him all he did was talk a bunch of trash about nothing LOL. I've been told he's always like that.

Car is running much better more often. I managed to do a 40-110 Pull tonight (On a track ;) ) Got up there pretty Quick, Granted it was down hill but still, before I couldn't even do 60mph because It would just fuel cut on me.

highlighted = vance.......

pretty much don't believe anything that comes out his mouth.
specs of his car from what iv been told are:

Fully built motor(no internal specs)
Showdown motorsports built head,
Bullseye to4b .60 trim turbo
Link V.3
tuned on 12lbs of boost atm.

he picked it up for $2800.
the only vid as of yet, is below.

YouTube - iwanagofast talon idle.

highlighted = vance.......

pretty much don't believe anything that comes out his mouth.

haha true that.

Was that the one on craigslist built by Matt aka MFG Racing?

Im pretty sure that's the one.. It belonged to guy named chris and is tuned by doug. Not sure how much boost its running now ,but im sure no one knows as what he says is more than likely wrong. Only way to find out is to be inside watching the boost gauge.

Im pretty sure that's the one.. It belonged to guy named chris and is tuned by doug. Not sure how much boost its running now ,but im sure no one knows as what he says is more than likely wrong. Only way to find out is to be inside watching the boost gauge.

I heard him do a few pulls and it didn't sound close to stock at all.

he will prob show up next B+C again and we all can get a good look at it

I heard him do a few pulls and it didn't sound close to stock at all.

he will prob show up next B+C again and we all can get a good look at it

God NO there's nothing stock on that thing but maybe the transmission. I got to see the setup firsthand. Its a beast. Only Matt will be able to bust dat ass or me when I get my AWD running.

Our FWDs at a roll possibly can hang till 4th gear but it has top end as well in a 60-trim.

He says he bought it from a guy in Kentucky, it has a FWD front spoiler to fool you.

hey guys I'm from cookeville tn and have been reading your posts, I am thinkin about comin to nashville and supporting the dsm scene. when did you say and where?? there arent many dsms around here, at least not any tsi's or gsx's/gst's. I got a buddy who is workin on a build and I still gotta tune mine. but Id love to show support.

God NO there's nothing stock on that thing but maybe the transmission. I got to see the setup firsthand. Its a beast. Only Matt will be able to bust dat ass or me when I get my AWD running.

Our FWDs at a roll possibly can hang till 4th gear but it has top end as well in a 60-trim.

He says he bought it from a guy in Kentucky, it has a FWD front spoiler to fool you.

the one thing true he did say was it was AWD. LOL... Hey does anyone have any Aftermarket DSM Shocks they wanna get rid of?

hey guys I'm from cookeville tn and have been reading your posts, I am thinkin about comin to nashville and supporting the dsm scene. when did you say and where?? there arent many dsms around here, at least not any tsi's or gsx's/gst's. I got a buddy who is workin on a build and I still gotta tune mine. but Id love to show support.

Welcome, and we look forward to see you there if you come

It's Every Saturday 6PM-9PM. I usually show up 7ish. Don't be surprised if you come @ 6 and no one is there LOL, the majority of people usually don't show up till close to 8ish. and Often people will hang out till 11-12ish. Hours are just till 9pm because that's when the Burger's and Cream closes.

Google Maps

401 Cool Springs Boulevard
Franklin, TN 37067

Well i cant hang from a dig or a roll.. I have bald tires , Im fwd, and i dont have a 4th gear haha.. Only thing i can say is at least i have hands on experience with my dsm and didnt buy it with all the mods at least. My buddy's may be able to bust that ass when it gets running and its a 1g fwd.

speaking of aftermarket rear shocks. Im on the look out for some stock 2g rear shocks. Mine are rusted and cannot remove the tops to install my lowering springs.

Well i cant hang from a dig or a roll.. I have bald tires , Im fwd, and i dont have a 4th gear haha.. Only thing i can say is at least i have hands on experience with my dsm and didnt buy it with all the mods at least. My buddy's may be able to bust that ass when it gets running and its a 1g fwd.

Who's your buddy? I know all the FWD guys on one hand... there's you, Chris, Stephen and me... hah... I can likely bust his ass right now cause he hasn't turned the boost up. Motor on motor we are close though he has DSMLink v3 where I have MAF Translator. I'd have everything needed to get up in that ass but traction, transmission and it would be great if I had LSD.

Welcome AoD!!! That's a clean engine bay you have. Nice work.

speaking of aftermarket rear shocks. Im on the look out for some stock 2g rear shocks. Mine are rusted and cannot remove the tops to install my lowering springs.

Saw a 2g car with the wheels still on at pullapart from a stock 2g n/t if it matters three weeks ago

Ill have to check it out. Doesnt matter if its turbo or not thankfully LOL and its my buddy he just traded his civic for a 1g fwd that was "fully built" and he drove it less than 10 miles and it blew up haha. Im talking him into just getting it built right from the get go. Its a black 1990 5speed. Doesnt look to shabby really.

Ill have to check it out. Doesnt matter if its turbo or not thankfully LOL and its my buddy he just traded his civic for a 1g fwd that was "fully built" and he drove it less than 10 miles and it blew up haha. Im talking him into just getting it built right from the get go. Its a black 1990 5speed. Doesnt look to shabby really.

Man that's terrible! You mean the dude I met a couple weeks back at your house Saturday night? Was it a black Talon?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back