The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Monthly Car meet is lacking in DSM's\Mitsus!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hope to have my car out there this weekend.. waiting on 2 parts from stm and i need to rebuild a 14b and throw that on and ill be good to go.. I hate to run a 14b, but getting a non blown one for 25 bucks is in my price range LOL.

I've got a 14B turbo...it's salvage only tho.
I would let you have it for free. The exhaust housing has cracks around the wastegate, the compressor housing is perfectly good tho LOL.

Im going to try to get there this weekend. I hope to get off work in time. I have to bring my son, but he brings the girls over, so thats a good thing. hope to see you all there.

blackmount Everytime i see your car it reminds me of this dude here in franklin. Its the same color rs-t laser and all. haha and i appreciate the offer , but i have already got the 14b :( .. Im hoping in a month i will be able to upgrade back to my 16g or 20g.

blackmount Everytime i see your car it reminds me of this dude here in franklin. Its the same color rs-t laser and all. haha and i appreciate the offer , but i have already got the 14b :( .. Im hoping in a month i will be able to upgrade back to my 16g or 20g.

It probably is me dude LOL. I go to School at MCHS which is off of Columbia Ave, at the old BGA building next to the library.

Its either you or there is someone that is EXACTLY like you haha.. I think his name is frank or something. I cant remember right now. His is the same color and has laser mud gaurds.

Its either you or there is someone that is EXACTLY like you haha.. I think his name is frank or something. I cant remember right now. His is the same color and has laser mud gaurds.

ah it's not me then bro. LOL. I haven't seen any other laser around Franklin other then a 1.8L Auto White 1GB laser that's all beat up.

Had a pretty good turnout this weekend for DSM's, it was nice not being the only DSM there. Looking forward to next Saturday.

I thought I had the address posted but guess not

401 Cool Springs Boulevard
Franklin, TN 37067

I think you or someone did. I tried to go to mcdonalds and pull it up but their wireless wasnt working. But I did run in to an evo, supra, bmw and I think a honda all running in a pack going 65 north just outa franklin. Were they at the show by chance?

I think you or someone did. I tried to go to mcdonalds and pull it up but their wireless wasnt working. But I did run in to an evo, supra, bmw and I think a honda all running in a pack going 65 north just outa franklin. Were they at the show by chance?

Yes they were. That BMW usually brings a big group of people with him. Idk about the honda...

If you went to mcd's you were like not even 1\8th mile away. B+C is just down the road a bit further on the opposite side.

we had a pretty big group go out on 65 for a little bit BPU TC, BPU LT1 Camero, BPU Cobra,stock RX8 (I was in the RX8 with my buddy) and a stock turbo Saab, and a BPU 240sx.. Wish I could have been driving in my DSM out around town but I wouldn't be able to keep up in it's current running condition.

Whats wrong with it? Im not proud of it but me and the evo played a little. Of course I was left behind like I was sitting at a red light, but it was still fun.

Timing is off by a tooth. Yeah that Evo is REALLY fast! so is the supra that was with him. me and my buddy were in his rx8 and we kinda played with fmccune's laser...did a little half pull, that thing is fast is all I'm gonna say haha.... On a track of course ;)

dude, PM me for my cell number and if you have trouble finding it next time you can call\text me. or even just meet me somewhere.

blackmount Everytime i see your car it reminds me of this dude here in franklin. Its the same color rs-t laser and all.

LOL ... Who?!?!

me and my buddy were in his rx8 and we kinda played with fmccune's laser...did a little half pull, that thing is fast is all I'm gonna say haha.... On a track of course ;)

Thanks Chris(?), right? Matt who was driving my car was shocked to have seen a RX-8 run like that. It was a fun night. I haven't been out like that in YEARS. There's a small group who are getting their car back on the road in the next few weeks so the DSM count will get higher soon.

^ and you are the guy i was talking about with the laser haha.. and i hope to have mine out there saturday if i dont do anything else. I still need an oil return line and coolant line for mine then its ready. Money is real tight though.

Thanks Chris(?), right? Matt who was driving my car was shocked to have seen a RX-8 run like that. It was a fun night. I haven't been out like that in YEARS. There's a small group who are getting their car back on the road in the next few weeks so the DSM count will get higher soon.

Yeah dude, bone stock RX-8 practically...It's got TEIN lowering springs, a breather Filter, and a Rotary Oil cap and that's it haha. It's a quick little bastard. oh and some audio equipment but I don't care for that LOL. I'm looking forward to more DSM's being there, It's real Nice, I don't feel so alone haha.

^ and you are the guy i was talking about with the laser haha.. and i hope to have mine out there Saturday if i don't do anything else. I still need an oil return line and coolant line for mine then its ready. Money is real tight though.

Money is tight for me too, fortunately I live about 5 mins away. WE will look forward to you being there.

Hey dude wanna trade front bumpers :) haha

So I retimed my DSM, it runs much better! It still misses a little bit like I have stutter box, but it's random and usually only when it's cold...I'm going to do a compression test next, and mess with my Ignition Timing, and the TPS. I also think I need new spark plug wires, I did a spark test, and 2\4 of my wires had very weak spark, I will probably switch out my Coil Pack while I'm at it. I will also be doing a Boost Leak Test because I'm sure I need one.

How ever it feels slightly underpowerd when I start to build boost.... It feels like brake boosting when I'm not...How ever brake boosting is working very very well :D

I'll start moving fairly quickly, then accel slows down as turbo spools up, then it all of the sudden it picks up again, and then usually cuts out. I would say turbo lag, but I thought that was when the turbo wasn't spooling when it should??

Last edited:
Got my car running tonight.. tomorrow have to hook up some fans and put my cosmetic junk back on and im ready to go.. The car is super loud, again im on a budget and broke my flex pipe so im running open downpipe basically LOL.

And appreciate it dirquin, but got my broken oil return to actually work better then when it was not broke haha.. weird, but yea.

Got my car running tonight.. tomorrow have to hook up some fans and put my cosmetic junk back on and im ready to go.. The car is super loud, again im on a budget and broke my flex pipe so im running open downpipe basically LOL.

And appreciate it dirquin, but got my broken oil return to actually work better then when it was not broke haha.. weird, but yea.

Awesome Suace!

And there's nothing wrong with being very loud and running open downpipe on a turbo! you should leave it like that for B+C Saturday...

on the shit side, Yeah I got my DSM running better but I popped my hood yesterday to go mess with it, and something like a bolt must have got caught in the timing cover because my timing belt has some REALLY bad rub marks on it, and I'm afraid if I drive it, It will brake on me. So luckily I have a spare Timing belt laying around and I'm going to use it.

It sounds like you got a boost leak. From what your sayin it sounds like what mine was doin. I have a boost leak tester if you wanna borrow it. I still have a small leak at the injector seals. Not sure if Im going to wait to get new injectors or just get new seals. Like 90% of all DSM'ers, Im on a budget. Broke people tryin to go fast. The DSM way.
Also, my front bumper is cut out for a fmic. But if you got a red one, I'll trade.
97gst. Glad to hear its getting back together. let me know if you need any help.

It sounds like you got a boost leak. From what your sayin it sounds like what mine was doin. I have a boost leak tester if you wanna borrow it. I still have a small leak at the injector seals. Not sure if Im going to wait to get new injectors or just get new seals. Like 90% of all DSM'ers, Im on a budget. Broke people tryin to go fast. The DSM way.
Also, my front bumper is cut out for a fmic. But if you got a red one, I'll trade.
97gst. Glad to hear its getting back together. let me know if you need any help.

I would love to borrow your Boost Leak Tester. since I am also On a tight budget it would help alot and save me money....

I've been thinking boost leak, but my Boost guage still shows builds boost with out a problem. Would it still show me building boost if I had that bad of a leak??

Mine did. But you are over working the turbo to keep that level. Does your guage show vac. If so what is it reading? Give me a shout this evening and we can meet up some where. I work in nashville. I get off around 5. You still got my cell #?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back