The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Monster Garage

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IHeartTurbo

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 15, 2003
Weld, Maine
This weekend is gonna be fun. There is a guy that goes to Umaine with me and he has a nice big heated garage. This weekend, everyone from the auto club is going over there and we are going to be fucking with some cars. We do this every once in a while just for fun. This weekend we are taking a 2 wheel drive 1/2 ton xcab 6 cyl Ranger and making it a 4x4 3/4 ton with coils instead of leaf springs, 40" tires, a 4spd, extended radius arms, ladderbars, and anything else we can think of. We are gonna be starting tomorrow around supper time and are then gonna stay up the whole weekend until we get it done, with little naps here and there. Last time we did this, we took a Thunderbird and turbo'd it. Fun times. Here's a couple pics of it.

Attachments

• turbo t-bird 003 (medium).jpg
    turbo t-bird 003 (medium).jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 369
--

Attachments

• turbo t-bird 004 (medium).jpg
    turbo t-bird 004 (medium).jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 363
-

Attachments

• turbo t-bird 006 (medium).jpg
    turbo t-bird 006 (medium).jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 343
-

Attachments

• turbo t-bird 014 (medium).jpg
    turbo t-bird 014 (medium).jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 334
--------------

Attachments

• turbo t-bird 009 (medium).jpg
    turbo t-bird 009 (medium).jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 327
Originally posted by chrysler kid
what kind of numbers did it put down? not very much gain with stock injectors and internals i assume

Haven't dynoed it yet. There's something wrong with it and it hasn't been figured out waht's causing it yet. It runs great when it's cold, but as soon as the engine warms up, it just dies. I know he replaced a ton of stuff trying to fix it. We're hoping we figure it out this weekend.

That looks Frekin awsome. As for your dying with warm thing. Think ur intake temp is getting to hot for the engine??? Looks like you cant fit anymore in there, but try to fit a SMIC in.

Originally posted by mitsugsx95
OMG, thats disgusting! Good luck. Make sure you test it out on the 7th day. :thumb:

7th day? :confused:

Originally posted by PogiTSI
That looks Frekin awsome. As for your dying with warm thing. Think ur intake temp is getting to hot for the engine??? Looks like you cant fit anymore in there, but try to fit a SMIC in.

I think they checked the intake temp out and it wasn't the problem, I'm not completely positive tho.

Originally posted by mitsugsx95
Have u watched Monster Garage? Thats the name of the thread.

hahaha oh yeah my bad. It's actually only gonna be like 2 1/2 days but oh well. The only bad part is we don't have an M80 to blow it up if we don't finish it :D Anyways, I'm off right now to go start working. I'll let you guys know how it went when I get back on Sunday.

Originally posted by IHeartTurbo
hahaha oh yeah my bad. It's actually only gonna be like 2 1/2 days but oh well. The only bad part is we don't have an M80 to blow it up if we don't finish it :D Anyways, I'm off right now to go start working. I'll let you guys know how it went when I get back on Sunday.

I would prefer the rail gun over the M80 :thumb: :D .

That episode was brutal.

Ok, I'm back. Earlier then I expected. It looks like I was wrong about what we were doing for a project. Waht we actually did was take the frame from a 76 Ford long bed extended cab and drop the engine, tranny, body, and everything else onto it. I mostly worked on the engine and tranny, getting it ready to go in because that's waht I'm more knowledgeable about. Other people took the cab and fron end off another truck and got it ready to go on, while others got the drivetrain ready. I'll post some pics after this.

However, before we started working on this, we got the t-bird running. We found a very badly kinked fuel line (it was so bad that u could barely blow air through it) so we replaced that. We also switched a couple sensors out of a parts car. One was really bad, but I can't seem to remember what sensor it was. Also, we replaced the blown power steering line and a couple other little things. We took it out after that and it was sick. It was super loud because the exhaust ends right below the passenger seat with no muffler or anything (I'm sure the neighbors didn't appreciate this at midnight :D ) and we laid a couple of good burnouts. The boost got up to about 15psi without a waste gate or bov.

Ok, time for pics.

the frame with the engine getting ready to be mounted.

Attachments

• jeep intake 015 (medium).jpg
    jeep intake 015 (medium).jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 135
another view of it

Attachments

• jeep intake 016 (medium).jpg
    jeep intake 016 (medium).jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 139
another

Attachments

• jeep intake 017 (medium).jpg
    jeep intake 017 (medium).jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 140
workin on the frame

Attachments

• jeep intake 021 (medium).jpg
    jeep intake 021 (medium).jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 135
darrell (a fellow DSmer) working on the oil pan so we can mount the engine without it hitting the crossmember

Attachments

• jeep intake 022 (medium).jpg
    jeep intake 022 (medium).jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 127
another of the frame and engine. check out those sweet 3" body lifts I made :laugh:

Attachments

• jeep intake 023 (medium).jpg
    jeep intake 023 (medium).jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 130
you have the utimate shop, Although I dont see a lift, But awsome anyways. dude, Imagine with a buil tranny on the end of that Turbo Motor, Gawd! gotta bring that to the track.

a good action shot

Attachments

• jeep intake 027 (medium).jpg
    jeep intake 027 (medium).jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 121
the clutch fork he forgot to get before hand and had to go get today (as well as some other stuff he forgot to pick up)

Attachments

• jeep intake 028 (medium).jpg
    jeep intake 028 (medium).jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 116
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back