The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

model of my car?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Those are the month and year of build listed on the ID sticker on the pillar column of the driver's door.

The real way to find out what model year the vehicle is designated is the two letter code right before the last six digit number of the VIN .. as such:
1G listing:
1990 - LE
1991 - ME
1992 - NE
1993 - PE
1994 - RE

My vehicle is also a 1990, but built in June of 1989 for the 1990 year.

Another neat trick is to read the lower left hand corner of the sticker, which shows a MDH number. This is when the DSM left the factory in Month, Day and Hour (24hrs). Thus, if a DSM left the factory labeled as 112209, it was completed November 22nd at 0900 of the year listed on the sticker.

BUT, going on the model as to the question, is the two number code towards the front of the VIN, such as:

34 - Base model
44 - GS (RS for the PLY) model
54 - GS- (FWD TSi, for the Eagle) model
64 - AWD model loaded (leather interior adjustable headrests ABS, moonroof and similar..GSX eclipse, TsiAWD for the EAGLE)

-DSM

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back