1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

MOD 2019 Cypress, CA - Canceled?

Posted by ODDUWON, May 20, 2019

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support VR-Speed Factory
  1. ODDUWON

ODDUWON Probationary Member

Joined Sep 29, 2018
    NORWALK, California
    Hey Everyone, sorry for the bad news. Looks like MOD 2019 in Cypress may have been canceled this year. I was really hoping to drive my car down there and get a Double-Double for the first time this year.
    Here is a link to an article someone posted to /o/ earlier today. Can anyone confirm if this is true?

http://japanesenostalgiccar.com/news-its-the-end-of-the-road-for-mitsubishi-owners-day/

Anyone have any info on the future of MOD going forward? Any plans for a local replacement for this year?

Last edited: May 20, 2019

184  1

1990 Eagle Talon TSi
    fwd · manual · 1G DSM
  2. ThunderChild

ThunderChild Supporting VIP

Joined Jan 5, 2012
    Rathdrum, Idaho
    Well that's lame. I'm nowhere close to any MOD locations, but that still bums me out.

153  8

1987 Toyota Pickup/Hilux
    awd · manual · Misc Vehicles

Street Build 657  7

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GST
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM

Street Build 857  1

1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    manual · 1G DSM

Street Build 2K  10

1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · manual · 1G DSM
  3. Ludachris

Ludachris Founder & Zookeeper

Joined Nov 12, 2001
    Roseville, California
    @dr1665

Well that sucks. Not surprised since they aren't really catering to enthusiasts anymore, but it still sucks to see it gone.

Street Build 8K  0

1997 Eagle Talon TSi AWD (sold)
    manual · 2G DSM

Road Race Build 6K  23

1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    435.0 whp · 399.2 lb/ft · 1G DSM
  4. ODDUWON

ODDUWON Probationary Member

Joined Sep 29, 2018
    NORWALK, California
    True. Maybe if/when they part ways with Nissan/Renault we can get some fun Mitsu cars again.

“Consequently, MMNA will not host our annual July MOD gathering or our traditional MOD East event in 2019. But fear not, we’re hatching a plan to make MOD even better and more accessible than ever, and we’ll share our plans just as soon as they’re ready.”

I hope this happens for the 30th of the 1990 Eclipse/Talon/Laser. Not sure what they mean by accessible..... EVO Cross minivan incoming?

Last time I went to MOD there was what seemed like less than 10 DSMs, and multiple rows of EVOs.
    First year I went, on my bike embarrassingly, there was an even amount of 1Gs and 2Gs, with a sprinkling of EVOs, 3000GTs and Starions. The red 3000GT with the chromed out engine bay was there every time I went. In the grass lot there was a cool Mirage hatchback. I think I saw it there 2/3 times I was there. They had a racing sim one year using a real EVO VIII I think it was. Never was able to drive my car there and get an in-n-out burger ticket.

Best part was all the cars coming and going, to be honest. Revs, blow-off dumps, and smiles abound. :thumb: :dsm:

184  1

1990 Eagle Talon TSi
    fwd · manual · 1G DSM
    Ludachris likes this.
  5. DSM 99

DSM 99 Probationary Member

Joined Feb 23, 2008
    Los Angeles, California
    Bummer yet not surprised either. I’ve met cool DSMer’s and have some good memories throughout the years. I haven’t missed one since 2007. Hopefully I can plan and make the shootout one of these years.

Street Build 342  6

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    12.9 @ 110 · 2G DSM