The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Mitsubishi returning to motorsports with the revival of the Ralliart brand!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ludachris

Founder & Zookeeper
Nov 12, 2001
Newcastle, California
"For customers who wish to experience our Mitsubishi-ness, we will launch custom-made accessories for our model lineup as well as re-entering motorsport events around the world" - Mitsubishi Motors CEO Takao Kato

Now, he didn't say whether or not they'd be re-entering those events to sell their Ralliart accessories for the EclipseCross and Outlander. And he didn't specify what type of motorsports - could be electric scooter racing. Needless to say, seeing as how they don't have any intriguing sports cars in their line up, and given the "OZ Rally Edition" Lancer head-scratcher back in 2002, there is plenty of skepticism in the reactions to Kato's comments. Don't get me wrong, we'd all love to see it, but sure doesn't seem realistic.

The big three Chevy - Dodge _ Ford .. all made a hit when they re-introduced an old model with modern trim . It would be so nice to see Mitsubishi re-invent the 1-2G Eclipse in modern form with V6 power that would rip your head off .... Or all electric with lots of power . Well if your going to dream...dream big right....

I would love to see a revived version of the Pajero (Evolution especially). To reward the die-hard enthusiast and remind us they care, a legacy parts program like Mazda would be awesome! Mitsubishi has some potential with the Mirage. Check out what has been going on with the current Mirage:

Last edited:
Does Mitsubishi still make any 2 door sports cars? All I've seen are the ultimate soccer mom SUV's on the showroom floors... or excuse my French, they're "Crossovers".
Well, funny you used "French" - I think it's their alliance with Puegeot that may open the door to some new models in their line up.

Mitsubishi really needed to get a grip on quality control 25 years ago. I enjoyed my non performance mitsubishis and they gave good service but nothing like my toyotas. I would not expect a montero to go 300k like my 4runner. They've known about the bad paint for decades. The remainder of the "reliability issues" I'm wondering if it comes from bad design or sadly cheaper owners who don't maintain a vehicle very well.

Alot of the problems are the cvt transmissions for the newer mitsubishis. That's because they have jatco make them which is a terrible tranny manufacturer. But cheap is the way to go I guess now days no matter how it's designed. That's why when my wife wanted an outlander sport we searched for months trying to find a manual one.

Alot of the problems are the cvt transmissions for the newer mitsubishis. That's because they have jatco make them which is a terrible tranny manufacturer. But cheap is the way to go I guess now days no matter how it's designed. That's why when my wife wanted an outlander sport we searched for months trying to find a manual one.
Is that the same ones Nissan uses? They are famous for trans going bye bye

Just yesterday we where talking about old cars being brought back with a new twist.. Well I got this in my email today...

Unfortunately, if this article is right, Mitsubishi is planning to stick with SUVs.

No thanks, not for me. To each their own-- but I definitely don't want an SUV.

Thankfully for me, sport coupes are making an apparent comeback. The Acura Integra is on it's way back, there is a Nissan 400Z, and a new Subaru BRZ/Toyota 86.

Unless Mitsubishi unveils a worthy successor to the DSM pretty soon (as a 2-door CAR), I think my next car will be from one of their competitors... Only not really, I guess, since Mitsubishi has chosen not to compete in the sports and rally car market segment; and unless my wife forces me, I'm not buying an SUV. 😆

So yeah, I'm really hoping Ralliart means something great is in the future for Mitsubishi, but given their recent dedication to crossovers, I'm just not holding my breath. 😟

Last edited:
Unfortunately, if this article is right, Mitsubishi is planning to stick with SUVs.

No thanks, not for me. To each their own-- but I definitely don't want an SUV.

Thankfully for me, sport coupes are making an apparent comeback. The Acura Integra is on it's way back, there is a Nissan 400Z, and a new Subaru BRZ/Toyota 86.

Unless Mitsubishi unveils a worthy successor to the DSM pretty soon (as a 2-door CAR), I think my next car will be from one of their competitors... Only not really, I guess, since Mitsubishi has chosen not to compete in the sports and rally car market segment; and unless my wife forces me, I'm not buying an SUV. 😆

So yeah, I'm really hoping Ralliart means something great is in the future for Mitsubishi, but given their recent dedication to crossovers, I'm just not holding my breath. 😟
I think that's the safe bet - doubt they're going to make a comeback to the sports car arena, but with conflicting articles, who knows. Maybe they're planning to target the grocery getter/soccer mom championship series in motorsports. Though the competition is already pretty stiff there. :)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back