1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Mitsubishi I car

Posted by pauleyman, Feb 18, 2020

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Feal Suspension
  1. pauleyman

pauleyman DSM Wiseman

Joined Nov 19, 2011
    oklahoma city, Oklahoma
    I was trolling the internet and just learned that since of the chrysler k cars has a mitsubishi g54b. Oh how I'd love to 4g63 one of those things. Stupid fun sleeper. Anybody know anything about them?

Street Build 3K  1

1997 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · manual · 2G DSM
  2. motomattx

motomattx Proven Member

Joined Dec 9, 2010
    wampum, Pennsylvania
    I know that a dealer I worked at once took one on trade from some boomers and as soon as I popped the hood and saw what I hoped to see (Mitsu on the turbo hidden in the back) I pulled the wastegate line off of that pos and took it out back and whipped its arse into the ground with one of the other kids that worked there to see what it would do LOL, it actually surprised both of us for the few miles that we pounded on it up and down the quiet village streets before we put it back on the lot in the darkness (gets dark early in winter/fall) and we could smell that paint and grease burning off of the engine and hear it tick, tick tick as it cooled down, that thing was glowing pretty good LOL, needless to say whoever got that car didn't have to worry about carbon in the combustion chambers or anywhere else.

And then there was the old guy that brought in a Typhoon that he bought brand new and kept garaged that kept bending one rod in a loop, as it turns out he bought a Hyperchip and installed it, only Hyperchip doesn't make a chip for the Typhoon/Cyclone so the boost was ignored by the ecu, after the techs installed about three rods one at a time about a month apart, I took it out and ran the balls off of it and noticed that the boost gauge was getting buried in the red about 50 ft from a stop sign and knew there was no way this engine should be this fast, the thing would kill a Corvette, I remember beating on it and it would spin all four tires from a 40mph roll, I actually ended up being the turbo kid that figured out that problem and after the tech replaced the prom with a stock one, no more bent rods and no more fun, the guy just wanted it fixed so he could finally sell it, I wanted that blazer so bad but he wanted like 28k for it and I was a sad kid.

Drag Race Build 3K  24

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM
  3. Kryndon

Kryndon Proven Member

Joined Jan 10, 2014
    Bulgaria, Europe
    It's actually incredible how many other, non-Mitsubishi cars have Mitsu engines, most notably the 4Gxx series blocks. The other day I learned that Great Wall, a Chinese manufacturer who has one of their plants in my home country, has a model "Haval H5" which has the lancer-style 4G63 DOHC engine with a TD04 turbo, making about 170 hp. It's a heavier type car, more like an SUV, but it could definitely become a 12-13 second sleeper with a twin scroll swap and some other little bits.

Street Build 3K  12

1997 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · manual · 2G DSM
  4. pauleyman

pauleyman DSM Wiseman

Joined Nov 19, 2011
    oklahoma city, Oklahoma
    If you do a wiki search there are tons of cars I've never heard of that have some form of 4g engine.

Street Build 3K  1

1997 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · manual · 2G DSM
  5. b00st3d

b00st3d Freelancer

Joined Jan 13, 2005
    Yukon, Oklahoma
    I had a Lebaron GTC several years ago, it was a very fun little car. I think that was my first convertible even.

Street Build 2K  32

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GST
    awd · automatic · 2G DSM

Drag Race Build 9K  161

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    manual · 2G DSM

3K  0

1993 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · manual · 2G DSM