The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Mitsubishi eclipse spyder 4g64

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gretchen

Probationary Member
Dec 25, 2020
Portland, Oregon
Hi...I have a 1999 mitsubishi eclipse spyder convertible GS 4g64 ...I have tried to different sets of headers for this car and both sets have been wrong....Is there a upgrade for headers for this 4g64 motor....please let me know...

Whats wrong with the ones that you have gotten? if its a flange issue just order a 4g63 flange and have it welded on to your headers.

They're likely made in China 420a headers that eBay and Amazon sellers inaccurately describe as fitting a Spyder. I came across a few of these early on when I originally bought my car. The flex pipe on the OEM manifold was deteriorated and the ebay headers were cheaper than OEM. I even reached out to the seller preemptively because the "fits non Turbo " description didn't feel right. Seller insisted they would fit, they didn't.

First, make sure you didn’t order 420a headers, as jinscho mentioned.

You can order 4G63 N/A headers. You will have to drill out both outer most bolt holes in order to make it line up.

DC Sports sells a 4-2-1 ceramic coated headers under part #MHC4001.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back