The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Mitsubishi Eclipse Concept E

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

interior:

that is the best interior i have ever seen in my entire life, its absolutley gorgeous.

exterior:

the exterior is something i cant describe because my mom will wash my mouth out with soap.:barf:

no its not that bad, there are definatley high points to the new design, i love the roof. i like how they used a 2g type design on the windows.

the hood is the ugliest thing i have ever seen, and those taillights are gross. it looks like an audi tt from the back angles. maybe a simpler design will suite my tastes:confused:

Well considering this is the concept car that has 400HP, I doubt this will be the final product. I like how the hatch opens from the side, the interior is sick (as in freakin awesome).

I read that it will use the same engine line-up as the 3rd gen. eclipses <blah!>

In terms of appearance, nothing beats a clean 2G Eclipse...and I highly doubt mitsubishi will go back to a 2G-like look.

Remember, most cars end up looking nothing like the concept. Remember the 2g concept?

Personally I love it. I'd roll in that.:cool:

The side mounted hood has to go, imagine how hard that would make it to work on :( I know working on the Saab I had was hella hard to work on cuz the hood opened backwards.

Originally posted by Misundaztood
Remember, most cars end up looking nothing like the concept. Remember the 2g concept?

Personally I love it. I'd roll in that.:cool:

do u have pics? i never saw the 2g concept before.

my thoughts:

That upper view kinda makes it look like bubble car...but the side view looks alot better...the interior is pretty cool except where is all of the instruments..and heating a/c vents I can't see them...the front looks alot like the 3g eclipse and the rear looks like an AUDI TT...I don't like how the hood and trunk opens up...the side windows do look alot like the 2g eclipses which is cool...but I probably wouldn't buy one...I'd rather buy an EVO8:thumb:

Originally posted by bOOstd GSX
do u have pics? i never saw the 2g concept before.
Unforutually I used to have the pics but have since lost them. I remember them being with some sort of history of dsms. Sorry.

i'd like to see those too if somebody was able to scrounge them up!! trust

from pictures... i absolutely did not like the concept of the 4th gen. But when i seen it in person at NAIAS i thought it was beautiful... something different, i actually like it. A magazine i read said they arent going to produce the 400hp model most likely. but i agree... Im going w/ the Evo if i had a choice ;)

Actually, the whole "concept cars look nothing like the production cars" isn't a very good argument. Remember the 3g concept? Looked almost exactly the same as the finished product. The ridges in the doors were a little deeper and the fenders were a little higher in front, but other than that they stayed true to the concept. There's a lot of cars that made it to production that look almost identical to their concepts, the Viper, PT Cruiser, Ford GT, Chrysler Crossfire, Pontiac Solstice, you get the picture. As for the Concept E, I like the interior, and the quasi-2g look on the outside, but it needs a new front end.

I could be wrong but I was looking through a couple of pics on car domain..and I saw this pic that I think looks like the 2G concept pic..I could be wrong though

Attachments

• 2g concept.jpg
    2g concept.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 485
HAHAHA I'm a dumbass thats a model...thought it was a model of the concept SORRY...well thats what i get for posting at 1 in the morning...

Originally posted by ECLIPSE95
HAHAHA I'm a dumbass thats a model...thought it was a model of the concept SORRY...well thats what i get for posting at 1 in the morning...
LOL

but back to the concept i think is very ineteresting...:barf:

I think it would be great if they put the 4g63 into the concept. They could use the EVO version and all-wheel-drive system and then bring back the past Eclipse models like the GS-T and GS-X. Maybe Mitsubishi will bring it back as a strictly four banger car since in my opinion, a V6 never belonged in an Eclipse. Give me a turbo any day.

I actually kind of like it. I wish the hatch and the hood opened up like normal. What if one were needing to store something big in the hatch? Couldnt happen because the damn hydraulic lever is right there in the middle. And the hood thing...eh. Stick with convention on a few things, but the rest is not too shabby.

I was watching Monster Garage 2 days ago and I saw this espisode of monster garage where they take this brand new speed boat and turn it into a steet boat car or something like that..anyways they had this guy that works at mitsubishi motors and he is the artest behind the Concept that this forum is talking about...if you seen this espisode then you'll know what I am talking about..anyways he showed the drawing that was made for the concept as well as the car itself driving around...totally Ironic I thought...cuz we're talking about the concept next thing I know its on TV..LOL anyways I thought that was neat but the car still looks like a bubble car...

If anyone wants to read the article in SCC about the car as it sat in the NAIAS...Here's the link Please read the article. It's rather interesting how Mitsubishi wants to go about it: an SUV motor for front wheels + an electric motor for the backs = AWD. Whoa! This among other things wows me. Of course, like you said, the actual model will probably only vaguely look like the concept.

BTW, please don't scream "repost" when you see pictures you've seen before. I did search and found threads only talking about rumors, pictures, and drawings of the model. I bring you an article with pure facts about the actual plans. God forbid that I thought some people might be interested in facts and not rumors. But no, it gets closed because they see the same picture that they've seen before. WTF.

Thanks,
Jake

Originally posted by 84fiero4speed
Actually, the whole "concept cars look nothing like the production cars" isn't a very good argument. Remember the 3g concept? Looked almost exactly the same as the finished product. The ridges in the doors were a little deeper and the fenders were a little higher in front, but other than that they stayed true to the concept. There's a lot of cars that made it to production that look almost identical to their concepts, the Viper, PT Cruiser, Ford GT, Chrysler Crossfire, Pontiac Solstice, you get the picture. As for the Concept E, I like the interior, and the quasi-2g look on the outside, but it needs a new front end.

i posted this earlier but will post it again...

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

concept 3g vs production 3g
fender flares, none
hood opens backwards, regular
20" rims, 16's
bumper with arch on front, flat bars accross front
no a pillars just glass, metal pillars all around
no wing, wing
cover over engine bay, none
the 4g concept has fender flares, side opening hood, 20" rims, arch on the front bumper, no pillars, engine cover, and no wing.... HMMMMMMMMM seems kinda similar to the 3g concept, i wonder if they will have no fender flares, regular opening hood, smaller rims, different front, pillars, no engine cover, and some kinda wing. Probably. It will change tho

how can you think they look the same? the differences are subtle but that makes the overall look of the car...

IMHO, they forgot to put one important part on the car. The whoosh whoosh snail. Other than that... it's awesome. Will the actual car come anywhere near? NOT.

With the new head of Mitsu being the guy who used to be at Hyundai and has been quoted saying that he wants to turn Mitsu into be the more mature, laid back, luxury brand... not freaking likely.

Chances are by the time this puppy hits the showroom floor, it'll be a heavy, cushy streamlined jellybean on wheels like what the Y2k is to 2G and 1G.

Thanks Mitsu for screwing up again...:rolleyes:... Another damn N/A...Nothing against the n/a guys,as i had one myself.Guess i'll be keeping my 2nd gen for sure.I like the styling and all.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back