The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

1G mitsubishi eclipse 1.8, 4G37

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mitsumigts

Probationary Member
Mar 20, 2022
Ostrava, Europe
Mitsubishi eclipse 1.8, 4G37
Mám otázku. po otočení klíčku zapalování do polohy kontrolky.
Čerpadlo se spustí na tři sekundy nebo se čerpadlo spustí pouze během spouštění motoru.
Může mi někdo vysvětlit začít čerpadla. Na schématu.

Pumpa nefunguje, když otočím klíčkem ve spínači do polohy kontrolek.
Relé palivového čerpadla je v pořádku.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Mitsubishi eclipse 1.8, 4G37
I have a question. after turning the ignition key to the warning light position.
The pump starts for three seconds or the pump only starts when the engine is started.
Can anyone explain to me start pumps. On the diagram.

The pump does not work when I turn the key in the switch to the indicator light position.
The fuel pump relay is OK.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I hope google translate got your question correctly

DSM's in general don't prime the fuel pump when you put the key in or turn the ignition on. They usually are designed so that the fuel pump gets power when you turn the key to start and continue running as long at the ECU sees the engine rotating. Several seconds after the engine stops rotating the ECU will turn the fuel pump off.

If you look at the full version of that diagram you'll see that the 4G37 MPI relay has two coils that can close the contacts for the fuel pump, One is controlled by the ECU pin 56 and the other by the starter relay. The ECU activated the relay by pulling ECU pin 56 (MPI relay pin 5) to ground where the starter relay activates the relay by providing battery voltage to pin 7 of the MPI relay.

So I understand that correctly.
The pump only works when starting ???
thank you very much

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back