The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

mitsu composite vs felpro composite headgasket

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

byebyev8

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 17, 2004
kenosha, Wisconsin
I'm getting a new headgasket for my car and I'm woundering if there's any difference between the oem and felpro composite headgaskets. I've been told there the same.

A lot of people with no experience with the felpro will say it is crap. It is the same as a mitsu composite. It has steel sealing rings around the cylinders and is fairly strong for a composite. I have run 26 psi from a holset hx40 with a felpro composite and arp studs.

They are similar, but not identical.
They have a slightly different bore diameter and the firing ring on the Mitsu gasket is a bit wider.

However, they will perform equally. The difference in the firing ring will only affect the guys who run an o-ringed block or head and rely on a specific size and placement of the gasket's firing ring in correlation to where their o-ring is.

yea alright I blew a oem headgasket running 30+psi (no boost controler) without arp's.

make sure you check it for warp.
and make sure it is surfaced properly, NOT A BELT SANDER!

and take before/after measurements of the head at all 4 corners, from the VC rail to the head deck.

From what I have been seeing .008 makes the cumbustion chamber 1cc smaller

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back