The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

Mission: Black Interior, Started

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

do u still have those black parts on the door panel where the window switches are on the old door panels?

Finding them is easy, finding them in black is the hard part

did you use any clear coat? if so how is the paint holding up? and chipping?

Yea I did use abit of the clear coat but to be honest the sanding did wounders, I don't know how the paint will hold up just yet, it's only been 2 weeks but I'll keep you posted

where did you get the rust oleum fabric and Vynal paint from??? i would love to do this with my interior only i want black and tan LOL, but i can't find that paint anywhere

I got my paint from autozone but I'm sure homedepot would carry it too, might not be the same brand but they all pretty much work the same.. Let us know what you find and where

You are doing a great job. It must be a labour of love. You have my wheels turning now. I really dont care for the gray panels and carpet in mine.

THANKS!!!! It's somthing I always wanted to do but never thought I could... I started 5 months ago and I still got a few ways to go but I'm getting there, all I need now is the head liner, visors, and the entire trunk portion of the car, that and a sweet pair of leather seats and I'm set... I found a nice set of seats that I'm going to pick up next check so stay tuned

I just started mine! thanks to your thread mine is coming out good aswell, i only did a few little pieces to see how it came out.

I was just wondering how many coats you did? Because i just dont want it to chip, and what did you use for clear coat?

I just started mine! thanks to your thread mine is coming out good aswell, i only did a few little pieces to see how it came out.

I was just wondering how many coats you did? Because i just dont want it to chip, and what did you use for clear coat?

What paint are you using? Ive got my dash and everything out. Ive heard very good things about sem vinyl/plastic paint and I think im going to use that.

im using the vinyl and fabric paint that he used, its on page 1, you can get it at autzone. It expensive though. Im a little hesitant to paint my door panels and dash though....

Thats why I'm going with the sem paint. Ive read plenty of threads of people painting their dashes, doors, interior panels etc with oem-like results.

Im thinking about doing my doors something like this http://i48.tinypic.com/358dx8x.jpg

Heres two good threads that talk about the sem paint. The guy in the second thread used a dupont paint, but it talks about the sem paint a bunch in that thread.
Good Method of Painting Interior Plastics? **NOT A RICER THREAD PLEASE READ** - Honda-Tech
HOW TO: DIY Custom Interior Project - **NO56K**" - Honda-Tech
(sorry for cluttering up this thread. LOL)

I went to michael's a arts n craft store here, I wanted somthing that wouldn't leave a glare.. I didn't like it much, you should really get somthing that will hold up to the heat, I just took some sand paper to all the parts I painted. As far as coats goes, I did like 2 a day for two days and one coat of clear every 30mins three times... I really just painted it infill I thought it was looking and feeling right...

im using the vinyl and fabric paint that he used, its on page 1, you can get it at autzone. It expensive though. Im a little hesitant to paint my door panels and dash though....

I would maybe hold off on doing your door panels... Start small like the kick panels... I didn't want to paint high traffics parts like the door sillis so I just found them in black from other cars, I'm really just painting parts that I can't find or untill I find them..

If you start painting post pictures, I would love to see other peoples results

Alright heres mine:

whats a good clear coat i can use to protect it from getting scraped? but i dont want it shiney. And did yours feel real rough?

Attachments

• black interior.jpg
    black interior.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 245
  • black interior (2).jpg
    black interior (2).jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 262
  • black interior (3).jpg
    black interior (3).jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 256
  • black interior (4).jpg
    black interior (4).jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 261
  • black interior (5).jpg
    black interior (5).jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 258
  • black interior (6).jpg
    black interior (6).jpg
    21 KB · Views: 265
  • black interior (7).jpg
    black interior (7).jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 257
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back