The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Missing steering column pinch bolt!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iaintmaci

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 22, 2010
Washington, Pennsylvania
Ok, I have searched and haven't been able to find what I need and I am in a pickle.

The pinch bolt for my steering column is missing. I was driving home today and thought my wheel felt a little sloppy. Got to looking and discovered that the little bolt in the joint underneath the dash is gone. It does not feel like it is broken off. It just isn't there, and I can not find it in the car. Does anyone know what thread this is? I can not find a listing for it anywhere.

Thanks to anyone who can help me out here.

A little late, but:

M8 x 1.25 mm pitch x 30 mm long

It is the same as the pinch bolt on the engine bay side going to the steering rack.

Is this pinch bolt the same for a 2g? I need one for my car as well since the one I pulled out had mangled threads.
On another note, is the smooth shank portion of the OE bolt necessary or can one get away without it?

smooth shank isn't really needed, I've got a regular old bolt in mine and it's been working just fine, all it really needs to do is be able to pinch that little slot closed, so use a decent bolt and youll be fine

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back