The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

Missing screw BISS

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YellowTSI

Probationary Member
Aug 7, 2004
Queens, New_York
Hi. I just did 6bolt swap, rebuild bottom ported and polish head oversize valves ,FMIC ,big 16G 3' O2 housing ,3' downpipe with exhaust fuel pressure regulator, etc ( I am not trying to imprest nobody just so you have idea what was change on the car ). My problem is idle -verry bad, it will idle 300 - 800 and stall. When it gets worm the RPM are 1200 - 1600. So I decide to adjust the BISS ( I have 1G N/T throtle body ) and that's when I realize that I am missing that plastic screw. Instead the hole it is fill with something like wax or clay only harder. My questions:
1. Should I dig all that stuff out and replace with BISS screw ? Would that solve my idle problem ?
2. What would be next ?
One more thing... When I drive and press clutch or put on neutral my RPMs droping really slow. Please help.
I have DSMLink but I didn't play with it yet. Thanx for any help

Are you sure someone actually filled it with something and didn't just put it over top the BISS screw to prevent it from blowing out?

The symptoms he described are not frequently caused by things used to block the BISS screw from rotating itself loose. He perfectly described a leaking throttle body gasket, so I would start from there.

its a bad idea still to have that in there. The would be no way to adjust the idle. Im not saying its not a TB gasket it sound like it is he just asked if he should remove the stuff in there.

Does it always stall? Or just when its cold? Im curious Im having idle issues too.

Hi. First of all big thanx for reply.
I spray the TB for leaks and it looks like I don't have any. As far as the BISS screw I will try to get a pic but that " stuff" is like almost an 1inch in. Somebody told me that you can ajust air flow just like BISS from the DSMLink . I don't know if that's true.
And answering the other question. The car only stall when is cold. Thanx again Mike

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back