The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Missing school when you are paying for it sucks.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSMRevolution

20+ Year Contributor
Dec 6, 2002
Sioux Falls, South_Dakota
I have been going to Southeast Tech for Automotive Technology for about 1 month now. Currently I am taking a A/C course. Its going pretty good, but today is the second day that I missed of class. I missed one day last week because I was sick. Now today, I left eairly to goto the auto store but I didn't get out of there eairly enough. I was about 15 minutes late. I was trying to pay for my parts that I ordered but the guy was talking on the phone helping a customer. Now, I missed class again. We weren't really doing anything in class today anyways, but it seems like a waste.

Have you ever missed school when you are/were paying for it? It makes me feel like I missed a date with my girlfriend or something. I won't get my grade docked or anything, but I don't want the instructors looking down on me. Geeze, I am going to have to show up eairly for the next 3 weeks to make up for this OMG ;)

[
Have you ever missed school when you are/were paying for it? It makes me feel like I missed a date with my girlfriend or something. I won't get my grade docked or anything, but I don't want the instructors looking down on me. Geeze, I am going to have to show up eairly for the next 3 weeks to make up for this OMG ;) [/B][/QUOTE]

RELAX.....Honey, its college. Things are different than high school. You dont need a note from your mom to excuse you for being late. Most instructors realize that as an adult things are bound to happen. And even if your instructor doesnt realize this...YOU are paying for it. So its your decision to go to the parts store and whereever else you want to go. Just dont make a habit of it and especially dont do it when there is something important going on. You gotta weigh your options...whats more important at the time??;)

Just make sure that your teacher/professor knows what's going on. People have lives and things that need to be done. If you communicate to him and tell him that you are leaving to get parts at the local shop (the teacher probaly knows what time the shop closes) they won't have a problem with it and instead ask what your working on. If you don't, the they will think that you left because you were bored and didnt care about what they were teaching.

My old man paid for college (I dont want to hear anything, I'm a lucky kid) but he would remind me how much each class costs per day when he would call my house and I was home instead of in class.........the ear-holing that he gave me....I might rather of paid myself......moral of the story....its all about communicating

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back