The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

420A 2gNT Missing during idle and stalls at stops

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kslam1981

Probationary Member
Jan 19, 2012
Madison Heights, Virginia
Got my car back from the garage and it still stalls at idle and stopping, more when stopping that it does when idle. Parts changed within 2 weeks have been timing belt, spark plugs, and wires. The missing continued after the plug and wire swap so we swapped the coil and still missing. Had the garage check it over and everything seems fine. No engine codes, runs fine on the road. The garage checked compression, spark plug gap, cleaned the intake, cleaned the EGR valve and still no solving the issue. So I have the car back and only thing I can come up with is the IAC unit. I had posted this before but someone else posted there question in my thread and now everyone is answering him.. Question is, is there an easy way to test my IAC without finding a new one? they are quite expensive new.. any help or suggestions?

I would look on line for the part you need, check vendors, im sure there is a thread on testing the part you need. Vendors like, jnz, extreme psi, may have the part numbers and prices for your iac. Classifieds, and ebay, also.

When warming the car up, it will start missing rough, and a 'sucking sound' starts, as the idle gets lower from missing the sucking sound gets gradually louder. Then the idle revs up and the sucking sound is gone and it returns to normal idle just to repeat the process a few times. Once it starts warming up, it stops doing this but continues to idle rough. Put it in gear it and the idle drops low and idles rough but rev's back up most of the time but occasionally will stall out. Runs fine on the road though. Coming to stops it will drop into low idle and idle rough as well.

the sucking sounds like vacuum lines check all of those and check spark plug gap yourself and make sure there tight i had a shop change my wifes plugs and wires got it back and gap way wrong and one of the plugs was comming out. just a double check

checked gap on the plugs, its straight, got an IAC unit but noticed its a little bit to get 2 it.. cold as hell out here so gonna wait till Tuesday when the weather breaks to give it a shot!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back