The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Mishimoto X radiator install?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fullCircle

10+ Year Contributor
May 1, 2010
anchorage, Alaska
Has anyone installed one of these in a 1GA and had problems with lining up the post for the rubber mounts? I had this for a few months and now getting around to installing it. The posts are about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch off from the mounts and i have no room to move the radiator to compensate. any ideas?

it's supposed to be a direct drop in...

I believe he said radiator, not FMIC. I have a Fluidyne and the posts were off by a quarter inch or so. The rubber grommets are stretched to both sides.

I believe he said radiator, not FMIC. I have a Fluidyne and the posts were off by a quarter inch or so. The rubber grommets are stretched to both sides.

I would work with it if it was only that far off, but it's too much off.

Where did you get it? it doesnt fit you gonna get another, never used that brand yet, if it doesnt fit at least ill know.

Talon, Laser, Eclipse 1G Info DSM There isnt a exact method but this is the basics for installing a fmic. Who says its a direct drop in, i have yet to find a fmic that is direct drop in they all take some work. LOL

While it wasn't for my current issue, the link was nice. it confirmed a few things when i get to my install of FMIC. Ether way, your post helped.

Where did you get it? it doesnt fit you gonna get another, never used that brand yet, if it doesnt fit at least ill know.

i went through one of the vendors here, but here is a direct link to the manufactures website Mishimoto Automotive

i will get ahold of them next week and see what they say.

ive heard nothing but good things about them... so i was suprized i'm having issues.

Last edited:
I feel like a retard… :ohdamn: the radiator initially was hanging up on a wire loom that crosses the bottom of the radiator tank. I unknowingly fixed the issue when I cut that harness loose for completely different reason. When I went to take the picture with the radiator reinstalled as per Mishimoto's request, I got the radiator to sit in the mounts correctly. I feel like :banghead: for not better assessing the situation in the first place.

Hats off to Mishimoto's customer service and does fit like advertised, now i can continue with the build.:thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back