The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Mishimoto radiator OEM fans

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jvieira

Probationary Member
Sep 3, 2013
Faro, Europe
Hi guys,

I recently acquired a mishimoto radiator for my 99 GS (4g63 NA) (Europe), the thing is very well built, but unfortunately the OEM fans have 4 brackets / screws each, and the radiator only has 3, has anyone dealt with this issue before, and if so what did you do to solve it?

Thanks

I use that rad and oem fans and i use 3 mountings only and have done for years and its perfectly fine

You could fabricate a bracket that would bolt to the shroud and then to the frame or if you know a aluminum welder have him weld on a tab for you.. I am curious to know what the exact measurements of your rad are.. The Mishimoto rad for a 01 to 05 Mitsubishi eclipse comes with all four tabs .. I`m wondering if 3g rad would fit.. Could you post those measurements and I will compare it to my rad before I install it.. This could be usefull info for future builds

You could fabricate a bracket that would bolt to the shroud and then to the frame or if you know a aluminum welder have him weld on a tab for you.. I am curious to know what the exact measurements of your rad are.. The Mishimoto rad for a 01 to 05 Mitsubishi eclipse comes with all four tabs .. I`m wondering if 3g rad would fit.. Could you post those measurements and I will compare it to my rad before I install it.. This could be usefull info for future builds
Thanks for that, i agree, i probably will end up having to fabricate something. I wil post more info and pictures this weekend.

Yeah, i would like to stick with oem ones. Thanks
You can run stock fans on their shroud. The shroud may push the fans too close to the turbo/manifold as the factory fans are quite thick. Just another method of getting the stock fans mounted to an aftermarket radiator.

Hi guys, sorry for the delay, as i havent been much on the garage lately, but as promised, attached are some images of the issue.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Still working on a solution, but likely will build a Iron bracket for the missing support.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back