The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Mishimoto Radiator and Fans - 2G

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2G Mishimoto Radiator and 12" Slim Line Fans

Radiator Specifications:

• Core Size: 335mm x 688mm x 40mm
  • Rows: 2
  • Inlet: 35mm
  • Outlet: 35mm
  • Tank wall thickness: 2mm
  • Includes a 1 year warranty against manufacturer defects
  • Radiator is made of aluminum for maximum cooling efficiency
  • Lightweight tube and fin design with increased surface area to dissipate heat most effectively
  • High quality welds and sturdy construction, perfect for performance vehicles.
  • Direct bolt-on replacement for stock radiator

Fan Specifications:

• Fan is constructed from durable lightweight composite
  • Slim design allows more clearance with engine components. (e.g. turbochargers, intercoolers)
  • Durable and powerful motor for long life and performance.
  • Useable in both push and pull modes
  • Provides exceptional cooling and 1300CFM per fan.
  • Fan RPM: 2200
  • Current: ~8A ; Voltage: 12V
  • Includes a 1 year warranty against manufacturer defects

Well I did it I bought a cheap ebay radiator. I needed a quick inexpensive fix and though I might give this product a try! While I was ordering the radiator I couldn't help but think to myself how this could be the biggest mistake ever!

To my surprise the shipping was some what fast, the product was packaged well and professionally. Opened up the boxes and their where two fans and a radiator polished and everything.

The radiator seems to be built well, I went around it and checked the welds....not to bad. I checked the fans to see if they even worked.....well they did and all to well almost cut my finger on the blades.

On to the install.

Well... the install went well no major complications. I checked the fit and it seemed to be good; checked the hose connections their good to. Then I went on the the fans and tried to mount them. Well this part turned out to be interesting, as I was looking around I couldn't find the mounting hardware so I contacted the dealer and he said, "Their for sale separatly at the cost of $10 each plus $5 for shipping". No way was I going to pay that much so I went to Advance Auto and picked up some Imperial Mounts for ~$7. I mounted the fans and the radiator into the car, wired up the fans and was like Holy Sh*t this is awesome.

So for the Pros and Cons:

Pros:

• Cheap
  • Good quality
  • Excellant Fit
  • Great Fans

Cons:

• Who knows how long it will last
  • No mounts included with the fans

Well I forgot to mention how much I paid...oops well I paid $275 + $35 for shipping so grand total $310.... Not to bad

Well overall I rate the Mishimoto Radiator and Fan combo an B+. Just for the shear fact that their not proven yet and no mounting hardware was included with the fans. If anyone would like pictures on the install please PM me and I'll take some.

Enjoy- ndsti

Attachments

• MMRAD-KIT1-ECL-95T.jpg
    MMRAD-KIT1-ECL-95T.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 6,817
For those wanting to pick these up from someone other than a random ebay speed shop, JNZTuning.net is now carrying the entire dsm Mishimoto line.

Hi, guys I though I would update this review and add how to wire up the fans; for the guys that have asked me how I wired up my fans. The way that I use works and should be the way you wire up any aftermarket fans into your car.

Here's what I did: I wired the fans into the stock wiring, I cut the plugs off of the factory fans and wired them in that way. Luv2rallye has some good posts on this issue and many others. But mainly follow the instructions Here to wire up the fans. Attach the all the positives together and all the negatives together.

Test your fans to make sure that they pull air the way you want and then mark the wire that will be positive for the direction you want. Now just attach the positves to the negatives like you did above.

The fans are now wired up in a way that they will run at their highest speed, they also now have a separate relay and fuse so you will be safer than just wiring them both together.

Hope this helps, if you have any more questions please feel free to ask.

-Ndsti

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back