The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Mishimitso Auto trans cooler Vs. Oem which one should I use?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I got a B&M cooler positioned where the SMIC was. I would recommend moving it from behind the FMIC for better cooling efficiency.

Spend less and get better: Mitsubishi DSM Transmission Misc. Other

Even the cheap one has got to be better. Im probably getting the 2nd or 3rd most expensive for my auto build. Mount it in the stock IC location. Obviously the drivers side is a dumb idea, fmic piping would get in the way from the looks of it(and ive only looked at the gsx i bought for 2 seconds but it seemed obvious)

Spend less and get better: Mitsubishi DSM Transmission Misc. Other

Even the cheap one has got to be better. Im probably getting the 2nd or 3rd most expensive for my auto build. Mount it in the stock IC location. Obviously the drivers side is a dumb idea, fmic piping would get in the way from the looks of it(and ive only looked at the gsx i bought for 2 seconds but it seemed obvious)

I've already deleted the hard lines to the stock Cooler makes things so much easier to get in and out too, I have that mishamitso on the back of the FMIC but I think that would restrict airflow to my radiator causing temps to rise a little more then normal by say 2-4 degrees at the radiator but thats just a thought Idk maybe someone can chime in on that, as for the stock I would think 180* isnt bad but lower temps would deff be better i see that that one at ipt is $103 pricey but might be worth getting

103 is for the huge one right? Its like 1.5"thick. Im interested as well, let us know what you end up choosing and where you place it. Not to many of us auto guys(im in the process of an mt to at swap)

I personally dont like my auto but I think im not doing things right with it need a pro to give me a hand in opeining this thing up and yeah 103 is for the big one stock at 180* seems like it would cause more harm then good imo exspecially if going for upgrades

An auto will def be faster in the 1/4 if its stalled right and you have a good shift kit and maybe a forced four box in it. Just have to add a little more power to compensate for the additional weight and inherent powertrain loss over the MT. Im doing the full rebuild from IPT when i build mine. Probably having a local shop put in everything but the valve body. THAT i can do, but when it comes to the clutch packs and seals..... no no no... i could mess that up and dont want the risk ya know?

Since youre worried about tranny fluid temps i assume you must be doing a lot of launching, getting the stall up around 4500 or so? You have a restalled TC? If not, get one, it should help. Atleast thats the impression i get from reading about autos thus far.

Just checked your mods. My bad, you DO have end clutches and the valve body kit. Stock TC is probably whats really hurting you. You want to find a happy medium, where its not stalled for track only use unless thats what you plan for it. Otherwise a high stall TC on the street may be a bit sluggish. Im talking shit though, never owned an auto gsx so i cant say for sure.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back