The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2G Misfire

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Garett-Cudworth

Probationary Member
Apr 26, 2021
Sheboygan, Wisconsin
Hello all. I recently picked up a built 1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse gsx for my built 300zx. The head gasket was blown and I had to put a new one on. All that being done the engine misfires now so I’m narrowing down my options. Timing is off or bad gap on the spark plugs. Was also wondering what the gap should be at. I hear .028 is eclipse gap but I’m not sure if it changes as my motor is far from stock. Forged internals bored .020 over, kelford 272 cams etc. thank you!

You can neck the plug gaps down to as much as .018". I run 40+ lbs of boost on one car and that is the gap I am using along with BP8ES plugs. What does the car use to tune for the cams and such?

Please post a profile. If we know what's in the car we can provide help.
Some more specific info would help also.
Under what conditions is the misfire?
Can you narrow down a particular cylinder?
What have you checked already?
Can you post a log as you just stated you have ecmlink.

An injector not pulsing would throw a misfire code.

Once at work, everybody else decided they should replace the coil pack, connector, plug wires, plugs, crank sensor, and cam sensor on a Jeep when it was misfiring. And when it was still misfiring, I plugged in my Autel scanner and showed them that injector #4 was not pulsing at all.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back