The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

1G Misfire

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dsm9010

Probationary Member
Jan 15, 2009
bakersfield, California
The car has a slight misfire at idle all the time. It's when under boost its misfire really bad but like some time but then it does it its misfire really for a few minutes an then going back it a slight misfire

Is your throttle cable loose enough? Sounds to me like its to tight. ...It will cause random misfires, cels, odd idle, all kinds of weird stuff.

Misadjusted cable will not cause a misfire.

Yes it will ...

No, it won't. The throttle cable isn't tied into the ignition circuit in any way, shape, or form.

It may cause idle issues, a sticking or rough feeling gas pedal, or malfunctioning cruise control (if equipped)... but it isn't going to cause one or more spark plugs to misfire.

No, it won't. The throttle cable isn't tied into the ignition circuit in any way, shape, or form.

It may cause idle issues, a sticking or rough feeling gas pedal, or malfunctioning cruise control (if equipped)... but it isn't going to cause one or more spark plugs to misfire.
Well since you don't believe me talk to Jon at TRE he fixed it for me when he adjusted my shifter cables. And yes it did misfire when the throttle cable was to tight caused cel codes also for the mas

I'm sure I didn't drop the spark plug ...
No cel
were was your vacuum leak at

What about the fuel filter I change it be for I got it running but the gas in was really old do u guys think I should change it again

Do a compression test to make sure your engine is healthy if its good then those leaky capacitors in the ecu definitely looks damaged.

I got it fix I was a vacuum line internal wastegate or fule pressure sensor
But Its over heating slowly but only when I'm driving I'll let it idle for a while and it wouldn't overheat

List of mod
Fmic
255 fuel pump
3 in exhaust
Slim fan

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back