The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

Misfire? Cylinder Not working? Whats the Deal?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

triggerx

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 15, 2009
Gilbert, Arizona
Alright so im working on my 90 awd tsi, and for the longest the check engine would come on and off out of know where. And when It did the car would act like its driving on three cylinders.

So I still drove it for awhile, like a month later, the check engine light comes on, but now it doesnt go away.
Its a code 41, which I believe is injector, and the injector all the way to the left closest to the passenger side (4?)seems like its not getting proper voltage.

All the other injectors are fine, so I really dont think its my injector thats causing the problem.

So if its not the injectors and its not the resistor box, this leads me to believe either a wire is messed up or my ecu. And I hope its not my ecu. How often do these ecus go out?

Quite often. pull it and see if the caps are leaking. If its damaged I'd sugest sending it to ecmtuning to have it repared. They have super good customer service and work pretty fast. It took less than 2 weeks to send them the ecu, have them repare it and send it back.

ugh, I hope its not the ecu. Anyway to prevent this leaking from happening?

Turned out to be my ecu, for those who have aq smilar problem.

Charteristics were
-Car running as if on 3 cylinders
-pulsating idle due to injector 4 not activating right.
-low voltage from injector 4 wire
-car becomes noticebly slower.
-There was continuity from injector plug wire to the ecu
-Resistance from injector resistance box is in spec.

Solution-
New Ecu, maybe it was due to failing injector driver.

Also my car was apparently running on a mirage/galant ecu this whole time./

my check engine light comes off and on occasionally, but it doesn't run different when it does. Recently though, that weird light beside my check engine, {the one that looks like a monument or something.} came on and my car idles at like 500rpms and chokes a little bit when im at idle.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back