The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

Mini Photoshoot with my new turbo setup...

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newturbotuner, if you think that dsmlink can only tune WOT than you are sadly mistaken. You obviously never sat down and tried to understand the program. When I put my 1600's in I was having some decelerations problems. The car was going extremely lean. I am not going to give away the secrets I have learned and come up with using the program, but needless to say, My car drives as well with the 1600's as my friends car with dsmlink does with 450's.

Not for big dog huh? Tell me who else you know has been able to flow a proven 61lbs/min through an entirely stock motor. And run E85 striaght without any issues. Yes my motor let go, but we were trying to find the limit and we found it. That was the purpose of that car, to see how well factory components would hold up. Already have the big bad motor ready to go.

Oh, and I also run an AEM car. So I can sit on either side of the fence I want.

Car looks great Mario. Good luck with up coming events and hope all the street abuse you put the car through she returns home safely for you.

Steven

I'm not trying to start anything here. I honestly never heard of Link working good with such big set-ups (besides at the track during WOT) .....It's news to me.

I was very curious in the 1st place.... thats exactly why I asked....
"how in THE Heck, do you get that thing to run with... DSMlink, 1600cc injectors, a 2G suck-thru setup, and a BOV that vents to the atmosphere???"

You dont want to tell any secrets?
Thats fine with me. I'm not interested in your dsmlink secret:rolleyes:

But I am very curious as to how you tune DSMlink for part throttle?
Don't say you set your global setting or something like that (Thats what I was getting at when I said "it gives false hope" I was not talking about DSM Link ...I was commenting in relation to any person who thinks they are a Tuner, because they set global setting once, and then Tune 1 slider for A/F ratio. Any body can do that. Set that same person in front of a real EMS and they will be clueless.

You say DSMLink is not only for WOT, but you dont want to tell you secrets :confused:
You don't have to tell us how you tune... Just say what buttons make it possible for the user to Tune part throttle adjustments?

For example......
~Could you explain how DSMlink would tune this part throttle scenario?

Lets say at WOT your A/F ratio is 11.4 all across the RPM range (ah just right)
At 90% throttle your A/F ratio is 12.7 from 3000rpm to 5000rpm (too lean)
At 70% throttle your A/F ratio is 14.9 from 3000rpm to 5000rpm (WAY too lean)
But at 35% throttle your A/F ratio is 10.2 from 3000rpm to 5000rpm (too rich)

~Where are the adjustments in DSMlink that allows a person to Tune this specific RPM range to 11.4, no matter what position the throttle is at?

I'm glad you guys are able to use DSMlink. Really I dont have anything against it. Mlopez's set-up looks Pimp-a-licious! If it runs good... Great! I like to learn new things just like the next guy. If you look at my post you will see I said nothing negative about Link. I kinda think You guys are gettin your panties in a bunch for no reason.

dsmlink makes the stock ecu its bi***, thats how. technically, you are right, the end user can only make their own adjustments for WOT. however, anything under that and dsmlink works with the stock ecu to control the larger injectors. together dsmlink and the ecu work out computations based on what dsmlink knows and what the ecu sees to provide the correct a/f tables for any scenario under WOT. this means you have the same throttle response, same fuel mileage, same a/f ratios, same under the curve timing you did as when you just had a stock ecu.

btw, i dont think dsmlink is technically a piggyback, it doesnt fool the ecu by using false readings like a standard piggyback style uses.

using the global injector settings and dead times will get you going down the road, but its not always 100% spot on, you still may have to make some adjustments based on your short term/long term trims, but for most people these will be spot on, some may have to fiddle with the global setting for a couple minutes till its right.

the thing i like most about dsmlink is its everything most need in one program. its probably the best logger out there, a sample rate of 300 samples/sec i believe is what its capible of, since unlike standard obdII loggers, it does not have to ask the ecu to send the logger information, anything the ecu does dsmlink sees and thusly youre seeing exactly whats going on inside the ecu at the same speeds its happening. plus the ability to log additional 5v inputs (Wideband a/f and MAP sensors are awesome tools) all come together in one flawless user interface.

V3 will have even more end user features, the ability to tune under the curve, direct maf changeover (no more mas or gm maft needed), and load based tuning abilities.

Very nice. Looked awesome at NOPI. I didn't even realize you were redoing your car again.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back