The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

1G Milky oil

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kettlar 91 laser rs

Supporting Member
Jun 20, 2020
Indianapolis, Indiana
I changed my oil today, it was about 2200 miles since the last change. When i changed it the first time i noticed the oil was a lil milky and i couldn't really see through it. This time i changed it, it seemed like it was the same or worse in terms of milkyness. My antifreeze was low as well. The engine is original and only has 52k miles on it. I guess what im asking is where are common points of failure that might lead to me to be having these problems. My daily drivers brake line busted and this is my only vehicle that is safe to drive. So i cant have it blow up on me as well. There is a little white smoke when i start it but not an extraordinary amount at least i do not think it is. I am trying to add videos but im not sure if it will add them or not.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Has your car been overheating ? That’s a sign of a blown head gasket, water and oil mixture.
No it hasnt been overheating. It stays within the range of the temp gauge but its the stock one which i hear can be wishy washy. Since it doesnt overheat it has led me to believe it could be the turbo or intercooler system? Im not exactly too sure. I doubt the turbo has been inspected properly and i havent inspected it myself yet. Yes i know youre suppose to inspect them when you change your oil. I just havent got around to it and im not super knowledgable on it yet

Does your car have the OEM water cooled oil cooler?
I can’t say for 100% but i believe so. The car has only 52k miles and for the most part appears to be all stock. It did take a front end collision i believe, the fenders and bumpers are not original. Maybe the collision couldve messed something up

Those sandwich oil coolers are failure prone. Although, since oil pressure is higher than coolant pressure you'd probably see oil in the coolant as well but I'd start there.
I will, is there an aftermarket oil cooler i should buy or should i just try to find an oem? As far as i know i havent seen any oil in my coolant but i havent really inspected it if im being honest. Thank you for all the help!

In order to run an aftermarket oil cooler you would need a different oil filter housing but before you start throwing parts at it make sure that you, in fact, need to. Diagnose the sandwich oil cooler and replace if needed.

How would one go about diagnosing the Sandwich Oil Cooler? Is there a good oem replacement out there if i do need to replace it
It would probably be best to remove it from the OFH but can be done without doing so. Make sure to clamp the coolant lines going to it and remove both. Cap off one side and apply enough vacuum on the other side. If you see a drop then it is leaking internally.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back