The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

Might be getting a used 97+ bumper. Some concerns

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hobbes =^.^=

20+ Year Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
Rockland_NY
I may be buying a used 97+ Eclipse front bumper. However, it did have a crack on it, but it was fixed with fiberglass. However it's in white, and that's the exact color I needed.

The guy is selling it for $100.

Should I still go for it even though it had a fixed crack on it, and ask for a lower price?

OR

Not buy it at all.

Thanks in advance.

honestly....if it were me id look around a bit more. you really dont knw how good the fix was done. It could have been a backyeard job for all you know. If it comes down to it get the bumper if you cant find another one. But me personally, i would look for another one and do it right the first time so you dont have to do it again

Don't get it at all.

Eurathane and factory ABS stuff is impossible to repair unless remelted. It'll look good for a little bit, but then the fiberglass contact patch with the plastic will let go, and it'll just go back to looking like crap.

It's worth 50 bucks, if you're really hard up for it.

People fix messed up bumpers all the time, all it takes is some epoxy.

Buy it, and if you dont use I will buy it from you for 100 shipped :)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back