1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Microsquirt?

Posted by ShowShine, Apr 22, 2020

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI
  1. ShowShine

ShowShine Probationary Member

Joined Apr 9, 2020
    KNOXVILLE, Tennessee
    Has anyone used Microsquirt for the 420a engine?
    From what I've read it's basically a fully assembled Megasquirt 2. I'm about to pick one up, and start the tedious project of learning how to code (I mean tune).

Street Build 388  7

1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse N/T
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM
  2. motomattx

motomattx Proven Member

Joined Dec 9, 2010
    wampum, Pennsylvania
    Nope, I have personally never heard of Microsquirt, only Megasquirt.

Drag Race Build 4K  24

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM
  3. bastarddsm

bastarddsm Proven Member

Joined Aug 26, 2003
    Mendota, Illinois
    it's just a physically small version of megasuck in a small plastic box with a real connector instead of the stupid printer port.

Showcar Build 6K  1

1991 Eagle Talon N/T
    9.805 @ 144.00 · 1G DSM
  4. lasthope05

lasthope05 Proven Member

Joined Mar 31, 2006
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
    Megasquirt honestly isnt all that bad orf a platform with not much else available. It's pretty widely used in the Miata world. It does sucks that you have to use two different programs to log/tune but you get over it.