The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

2G MFI/fuel pump relay

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattsGSTeclipse

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 20, 2005
Lewiston, Maine
Has anyone ever swapped the connectors from a 96+ harness for the MFI/fuel pump relays onto a 95 harness?
The reason why I'm doing this is I have known working relays from my 97 harness and none for my 95 harness I'm using right now for a tuck. The only issue I have found is the 95 harness has a black w/red stripe wire where the 97 harness has a black w/white stripe wire. On the 95 harness the black w/red stripe wire goes to pins 12 and 25 on the ecu and on the 97 harness the black w/white strip wire is connected to the other black w/white stripe wire and the larger blue connector under the radio. Anyone have any insight on this?

96-99 turbo MFI and FP relays are identical each with 4 pins. Two of the pins are the coil which will measure around 70 ohms and so are easily identifyable. They are pins 2 and 4 (or 4 and 2 - can be connected either way). The other two should have no continuity until the relay is energized. They are pins 1 and 3 (or 3 and 1 - can be connected either way).

Yes. Just make sure you use the black/red from '95 harness pin 3 and not one of the other red/blacks from a different pin (which are hot BTW).

And as always disconnect battery before changing wiring.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back