The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Metric bolt assortments

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shellhouse

Proven Member
Nov 8, 2021
Atlanta, Georgia
Did a quick search and reached out to "The Bolt Barn" as well, but they couldn't help.

Have you seen metric bolt assortments with JDM size hardware (8,10,12,14,17mm heads)? I have an old kit from pep boys or somewhere that sort of worked out, but it's about depleted.

What are the options for those of us who don't want to mix and match non standard stuff like 13 & 15mm heads, etc.? I may strip a car down sometime just for the hardware, but that's obviously not the easiest way to go about it.

Closest found so far:

Did a quick search and reached out to "The Bolt Barn" as well, but they couldn't help.

Have you seen metric bolt assortments with JDM size hardware (8,10,12,14,17mm heads)? I have an old kit from pep boys or somewhere that sort of worked out, but it's about depleted.

What are the options for those of us who don't want to mix and match non standard stuff like 13 & 15mm heads, etc.? I may strip a car down sometime just for the hardware, but that's obviously not the easiest way to go about it.
you dont get 12mm heads in metric unless its on some flanged bolts! common size is now 13mm. some flanged come in 14 and some in 12 as it depends on the manufacture

Companies make bolt kits for off road motorcycles, and they are pretty reasonable in price, possibly buy one or two of those.

Thanks all, going to check out motorcycle kits for the smaller hardware. Either that or Harbor Freight (egad)

Here's what I'm thinking for main assortments. Both seem to be good pricing and JIS grade 10.9.

Standard bolts:

Flange bolts:

The second vendor (hillco) also has a bunch of torx fasteners for bikes. May look at piecemealing a bunch of those as I didn't see a kit. Will look at the bike stuff later most likely, and I may even need some fairing bolts as well.

If anyone knows of better deals, hit us with some.

It'd also be nice to get an assortment of Toyota studs, like used on the JZ's. Outside torx on the ends often make for easy removal and install.

Last edited:
What Tim said! ^^
JIS bolts will have the proper head sizes.

I like belmetric for these, but I am not affiliated with them in any way
I wish Belmetric, or anyone for that matter, had JIS fasteners up to 180mm long in M12x1.25. I need 70mm, 130mm and 160mm bolts with 17mm head. They are still available for the time being from Mitsu, but I am not expecting for long.

I wish Belmetric, or anyone for that matter, had JIS fasteners up to 180mm long in M12x1.25. I need 70mm, 130mm and 160mm bolts with 17mm head. They are still available for the time being from Mitsu, but I am not expecting for long.
if your looking for flange bolts, you can always get them from honda
70mm part# 90051-PE0-000
130mm part# 95701-12130-08

not too sure if the 160mm bolts have a 17mm head cause they are for a motorcycle so i haven't actually seen one.
160mm part# 95801-12160-08

Those normally are the 2G DSM rear lower control arm long bolts, or I use them with the Frontline Fabrication transfer case braces for the XXL bolts.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back